• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 with GTX 1060 6GB, worth??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marine1

Registered
I have this "Green Machine" for about 6 years now, and it works nicely.

System Specs:
i5-4670K at 3.8GHZ
GTX 1060 6GB MSI OC
Enermax cooler
Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87 Mobo
PSU: 750W gold

Problem is, it's running on W7 Ultimate. I've already built a newer rig to replace it. Question is, if I completely rebuild it, clean it, and install a 256GB EVO 850 PRO SSD for W10 Pro and keep everything else, how much would it be worth??

Thanks!!

Not as much as you would hope. How much RAM? If you have to do upgrades such as you mention you will about break even if you can sell it. Keep it for a backup or donate it to a non profit.

If you're on ebay, sell the parts. Looking at recent sales, here's what you can expect:

i5-4670K at 3.8GHZ - $50
GTX 1060 6GB MSI OC - $150
Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87 Mobo - $100
PSU: 750W gold - $50

So a total of roughly $350 before fees and shipping. You should be able to net $225 to $250. Things sell higher there if you have the original boxes and accessories.

Forgot about the RAM. 16GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX at 3200mhz.

Thanks guys for the info. I'm just looking to get rid of it as a running desktop for someone that needs one. I figured on asking about $300-350 for it with W10 Pro installed.

Back