• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Catalyst 14.6 beta's r out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lots of eyefinity changes. Still no plp support, but you can now run mis matched monitor sizes and resolutions while keeping all monitors at native.

Tried these out as they were supposed to help with Watch_Dogs. Good news, they do! GPU utilisation almost a solid 100% and the game feels as laggy and horrible at 1080p as it does 1440p, i.e. 1440p is acceptable (for me) now.

The bad news:

- GPUz doesn't show fan speed in RPM anymore. - I didn't check CCC, will tomorrow.

- The bug introduced in 14.4 where if I turn my secondary display off and back on, it would disconnect the monitor, moving all my application windows from the secondary display to the primary (annoying as) is still present. This was not an issue in 13.12.

Apart from that, I think I'll see how my other games are before going back to 13.12. The monitor issue for me is a deal breaker.

Sounds silly, but I like to turn off my secondary when gaming and it's a pain to have to move all my applications back when I turn it back on.. something I didn't have to do in 13.12.

Back