• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED please need help deciding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

turbobooster196

Hello guys hope you all can give me your opinion about this.

I have the cpu and mobo and the mem that you see in my rig.
but I can change it to a 4670k and a z87 asus sabertooth and 8gb corsair dominators platinum 2133mhz everything is of course with guarantee and are in top shape (lol)
the 4670k is a es sample and will boot at 1.185v at 4.6ghz
the main thing I do is gaming, using WinRAR and multipar to extract/compress big files and rendering with maxon cinema 4d.

would you change???????????????????????????

yes but at the moment I,m not looking to get a 6 core I mean, oke dident no that the cpu is protected by intel, its a cpu what was build in a computer from corsair, the built was on a show.

but I think all of you have the same point, don't do it.

The only CPU you should upgrade to is a 4930K. A 4670K, although a few % faster in 4 threaded tasks than the 3820, isn't really an "upgrade" over what you have now. A 4930K would be. You'll see higher FPS from installing a higher end GPU, if you really want more performance.

Agreed with everyone else here that it would be a complete side grade and there's no real point to it. If you want some better encoding you can snag a 6 core cpu, but other than that you won't see any real gains.

The only CPU you should upgrade to is a 4930K. A 4670K, although a few % faster in 4 threaded tasks than the 3820, isn't really an "upgrade" over what you have now. A 4930K would be. You'll see higher FPS from installing a higher end GPU, if you really want more performance.

I now I see more fps with a higher card, but don't need a higher end card, I,m playing at 1920x1080 so what I have is good at the moment

but point taken, solved.

You can mark threads as solved, FYI... go to thread tools and mark as solved if you are done. :)

Merged double posts again... use that edit button! :)

Back