• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Update Crap-a-damn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So went out to the car to find a hell of a lot of Tar stuck all over the bottom of the car, so I tried EVERYTHING to get it off and nothing's worked, well that's just f**king great, thanks council for sorting the roads out BUT NOW YOU'RE TAKING THE P**S, I pay tax to get my car COVERED in tar? FML!!!!

UPDATE GUYS!!!

Okay so I've done some "cable managing" (sort of) and re-applied the thermal paste and got my temps down to 39c on idle so.....

I will put up more pics of the inside of the case soon

but here is the screenshot of the temp

P.S YES I do like Elvis for the keen eyed people on here, lol

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 99
I wonder at that CPUTIN in post #283.
RGone...

You noticed that too eh?? I was waiting to see if we were going to get some load numbers. It looked like a spike of some sort but.....:shrug:

Sorry guys, I lost my account so now I'm using this one, lol, computer's running perfectly fine, also now I got a 1000W Sub connected to it from out the car (sounds awesome) apart from that there's not really anything to update with!

Sigs don't show from cellphone on this forum. Others seem able but not here yet...or I am just full of shett. Hehehe.
RGone...

Okay here's the update, so I've got rid of the 500W car amp and got a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 sound card, which is awesome, also got rid of my Skull Candy headphones for a set of SMS Street By 50 headphones (THERE SICK!!!!) and got a 120GB SSD for the OS (which the computer now has a boot speed of 10 seconds from hitting the power button to fully booted) still running the 965 Phenom II stock (will over clock but don't see point as computer is super fast now so....) got a wireless card for it as well, if there's anything else I remember I'll let you know.

J_J, I see way more 'how-tos' about using old computer stuff that is laying around and making that into a home server than I do about using a desktop as both a desktop and a server. That makes it unclear in my mind how exactly it is best to proceed.

My gawd you can g00gle 'home server' and their are a tremendous number of hits. Maybe give you some idea as to what you really want to do about serving media and what media to where.

RGone...

J_J, I see way more 'how-tos' about using old computer stuff that is laying around and making that into a home server than I do about using a desktop as both a desktop and a server. That makes it unclear in my mind how exactly it is best to proceed.

My gawd you can g00gle 'home server' and their are a tremendous number of hits. Maybe give you some idea as to what you really want to do about serving media and what media to where.

RGone...

Well there's only another laptop in the house anyway, so anyway to make it easy for my misses to watch the movies from my computer and stream them to her laptop... would it just be easier to leave my computer on and leave the folder short cut on her desktop as I can use the Windows 7 built in "Homegroup" thingy as the computer's are both on Windows 7 Home 64-Bit (even though this laptop came with Windows 8 on I thought it was turd so put Windows 7 on it)

Simple ...... get your media all on one drive ...... SHare the drive on your Home network Read only. She can find the movies in network. Of course your computer with your files on will require to be on.

Simple ...... get your media all on one drive ...... SHare the drive on your Home network Read only. She can find the movies in network. Of course your computer with your files on will require to be on.

That's fine as my computer has a 2TB HDD with all the stuff on there so it's fine.

Back