• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

270x BSOD with Dreamweaver C Help plz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fosk

Ive been using Dreamweaver CC the past few months to do a couple courses i have interest in. First time i ran for weeks without issue before the BSOD came randomly out of nowhere then again they started to come within 5 or 10 minutes of opening Dreamweaver CC. I went from windows 7 to 8.1 and the BSOD had stopped. Then few weeks go by i manage to buy a full new system minus the GPU as i have a modern one. Same story few weeks go by but this time on Windows 8.1 and bam BSOD, restart and repeat with the BSODs coming after a few mins only.

Everytime i had the latest drivers, which now i am trying to new BETA drivers.

Old pc was a first gen i7 920, Rampage II Asus mobo, Kingston SSD, Corsair 1600 mhz 12 gig ram, good power supply, cooling/case good too. The new system ive been running now for about 2 weeks is a 4770k, Maximus VI Asus mobo, new Kingston SSD, 16 gig corsair 1600mhz, CX 750M Corsair modular power supply, same as before good cooling/case.

The BSOD error is the infamous atikmdag.sys which i have personally seen thousands of hits on google with dozens of possible reasons and "fixes" all mostly generic things unrelated to my options. The only other time i have been able to make my PC BSOD with the same msg is playing BF3 which i had only tried to play a little since it was given out free a few months back.

First time owning a AMD card since 2006 and i can say ive seen more artifacts from this card randomly in random games then i ever saw in 8 years of Nvidia. And in case it helps the 270x has been running all other games mostly fine since i got it in January.

Thanks for any tips.

Did you add onto your old ram? Or is it new ram ?

At this point I would suggest beginning a stability test check.

I'm unclear to whether you got bsod with both nvidia and ati.. Or just ati ?

How many sticks of ram are there ?

Did you add onto your old ram? Or is it new ram ?

At this point I would suggest beginning a stability test check.

I'm unclear to whether you got bsod with both nvidia and ati.. Or just ati ?

How many sticks of ram are there ?

Ram is brand new being 2 x 8 gig sticks, only BSOD on ATI and with Dreamweaver CC 100% only program running after start up. This PC was Ran for about 6 months perfectly with another GPU before i got my hands on it so i dont think stability is an issue with anything other then the random card dumps.

On the old computer the only time i saw a BSOD other then Dreamweaver CC was with Battlefield 3. Both PCs have played countless hours on intense games without issues.

With the BETA ATI drivers i have managed to run Dreamweaver CC now for a few hours without a BSOD but its just sitting there in the background mostly.

Back