• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for some help (Budget Build)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Witchdoctor

Hey guys,

A buddy of mine's dad just lost his PC

Real tight budget $ 400.00

Parts I need

Power Supply
CPU
Motherboard
Memory
Hard drive SSD preferred, low capacity

I have a ATX case but mATX board is cool , no need for a optical

Thanks

I would look on the AMD apu side, like the a 6800k and a decent fm2+ mATX mobo ' +/- $200.

Any 350w quality psu will power it. $40 max.

2*4GB 1866mhz. $80

Add to those a 840evo 120GB ($80) and you will end around $400.

Used parts an option? Some great bargains to be had for a daily driver that doesnt require lots of power.

Just built something very similar to this for my dad Witchy. He also uses it for basic computing and he said it's a big improvement over the Athlon 64 5200+ X2 he was using previously.

Capture2.PNG

Thanks agian for your help guys, AMD was the ticket,

Just got done with the OS, pretty snappy little rig for Facebook and e-mail

Here's what $ 400.00 gets you

Added an old case and dvd rom I had laying around figuring he may still use disc's :rofl:

Attachments

• Friends Dad.JPG
    Friends Dad.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 65
Nice, you going to bench it before you send it off? I did a little benching of my dad's before I gave it to him :D Had it up to 4.6+ but I didn't want to push the voltage too far and blow it up.

naa, using stock cooler and a pretty cheap board and really don't know what I am doing with AMD

just packing it in a box tonight and sending it on it's way :)

Nothing, just a mistake, was thinking mATX all along

Especially with the budget and this PC will never see any action what so ever, Facebook and e-mail

TBH he would be better off with a tablet, but he is pretty old and doesn't trust them ..... lol

he wanted a tower just like his old one

I was going to criticize the choice of a 120 gb SSD as opposed to a conventional spinner which would have given greater storage capacity and been cheaper as well. However, now that I realize you are shipping this I would have to say there is no risk of damage to the SSD drive from the cargo gorillas as there would be with a spinner.

Back