• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Temporality

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Huh. I'm surprised they made their own game engine. They must have a lot of programming expertise crammed into that company, because the in-game footage is quite good looking.

EDIT: Took a closer look, there's no demo. What's the deal with game makers not having demos these days? That's how I decide what to buy! Hrmg.

Last edited:
Yes, it does look good and I'm finding that even small indie developers have quite professional looking games nowadays. I reckon part of the reason are the more advanced rapid development tools available nowadays.

I agree about the demo. The obvious reason for not including it is that people will play it and won't like it so not buy it.

A good example of regretting a purchase was Nexuiz. I'm a total Unreal Tournament 2004 addict and I liked the look of the video, so I bought it. While it still looked good graphically and was clearly more advanced than UT2004 in that way, gameplay just wasn't there. Not a patch on the look and feel of UT2004 and unsurprisngly Steam shows I've played it for just 12 minutes. In fact, it's even been pulled from Steam as there's no store page for it any more.

I saw a few years ago where some big studio BS'd about it being "very expensive" to produce a demo, for not doing one. This is such a lame excuse it's an insult to the intelligence.

Interestingly the upcoming FIFA15 has a demo on Origin, which I will be trying out. I've downloaded it, so will make a little time for it.

Back