• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

780 SLI vs 980

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No pics. I have already put the card in. I won't take it out for your evidence xD I'm wondering why the CPU would bottleneck however. It has 7,8 windows index and graphics 7,9... yes. But in war thunder i have around minimum 135FPS on the absolute max graphical settings and the CPU is hardly ever near 40% usage...

Charred and smashed in. Yikes.

As for the bottleneck issue, think of your PC as the Internet (and by that, I mean, as a series of tubes :D). Your GPUs make up one segment of tubing with a very large diameter. Your CPU, while still quite capable, makes up another segment of connected tubing with maybe 3/4 of the diameter as your GPUs. If you had a CPU with the same "diameter" as your GPUs, you could get x FPS, but instead, you'll get 3/4(x).

That game might just not be very CPU-dependent. Bottlenecks are more evident in some games than others. Your FPS is going to be more than fine in all games, TBH. EarthDog just meant that you'll hit a CPU wall before you'll hit a GPU wall.

Yeppers! it will be fine but SLI/Cfx of high end cards needs MOAR CPU so it can stretch its legs. Its like you are running with a drogue chute.. while plenty fast, it could be faster!

That game might just not be very CPU-dependent. Bottlenecks are more evident in some games than others. Your FPS is going to be more than fine in all games, TBH. EarthDog just meant that you'll hit a CPU wall before you'll hit a GPU wall.

Have you been reading your thread, LOL?!!!

The same one you have, just overclock it as a couple of us mentioned. :)

Have you been reading your thread, LOL?!!!

The same one you have, just overclock it as a couple of us mentioned. :)

Overclocking it doesn't give any sagnificant increase unless you're pushing it hardcore, and I wouldn't dare to. As I mentioned before, a capacitator on my GPU has exploded from overclocking using MSI Gaming App and then I didn't even oc myself. So if MSI's own app can't do it without destroying my PC, how could I? That's why I'm asking

So going from 3.5GHz to 4.5GHz for an easy 24/7 OC isn't a big increase? Cool story.

You'll need about 1.25V on the vCore to get 4.5GHz. Which is still in the very safe range for daily use.

Currently have a MSI Z87-G45 GAMING ATX and in the click bios there's a setting called adaptive on the voltage although I think prime95 can override it, wouldn't that be better?

Back