• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to cool top card in sli with no side case fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

thread title says it all. i have no fan on the side of my case and i know the top card gets hotter in sli. is there something they make for this or should i just get a fan with a thermal probe on it and zip tie it to the side of the cards so it blows in between?

If you're willing to mod the case, add a side panel fan right over the GPUs. Or put a powerful fan in the front.

If you're willing to mod the case, add a side panel fan right over the GPUs. Or put a powerful fan in the front.
This. I was amazed at the difference a low spinning fan in the side panel made on my cards. I was amazed at how much more the overclock of my memory and gpu could go after. I know you said you don't want a side fan but you really should consider it.

well hell i may just have a hole cut in the door. i was just avoiding it because i'm out of fan control header but maybe i can use a splitter. either that or wait to see how the 980ti turns out and stick with my single card tradition. thanks all.

Cut a hole so the GPU fan itself can draw colder air.

Just throw some mesh over the hole so your hands or any pets don't get caught in it.

Back