• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems downloading a web site

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wathnix

Hi all,

I'm trying to download an entire web site to my hard drive for offline viewing using a tool called HTTrack. A typical page on the web site contains text related to the course followed by a flash animation or flash video to demonstrate the concept. So far it is working well except for the flash animation. the animation or flash video does not appear on the downloaded web page, instead I get a message that the file or directory cannot be found. I'm guessing that I need to tell the program the proper file extension for flash animation and video files? any ideas?

Last edited:
It's possible that the program isn't downloading the assets, but it's also possible that the web page has absolute paths coded for its animations, which would mean your local copy isn't going to find it.

Have you tried searching through the downloaded content to see if animations were downloaded? Or viewing the source of the local copy of the page that hosts it to see where it's trying to get it from?

Back