• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time overclocker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cycloptishred

Hey guys, first post here and thank you for having. Recently ascended to PC gaming and just installed a Hyper 212 EVO on my CPU and want to overclock. It's a Phenom II X4 945 @3.0.

As a total noob, how should I go about overclocking?

First things first make a signature with all of your system information such as mine. Will be easier for everyone to see what you have and to give advise

I'm running GPU: Radeon HD 7770 CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 RAM: 4GB MoBo: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO

Haven't figured out how to make a signature yet but I will. Thanks for the replies, will read up.

Go to settings, the on the left side will say something like edit signature. Then through there you can add one and all that good stuff.

but anyways, go into your bios and set all you voltage setting so the aren't on auto.

as well as disable all of the power saving features. trying to remember what they are all called right now.

rayray, he doesn't have enough posts yet to have access to the signature tool. In the old version forum software you couldn't make a sig until there was a gold star under your name. Not sure what the symbol is now, maybe that big green dot or whatever it is at the end of your username.

Lol the green dot is if you're online or not. we still get stars I do believe. I did not know that about the whole one star thing.

Back