• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia's awesome magnesium SLI bridges-- where to order???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nVidia said:
Increase your performance with GeForce® GTX™ SLI Bridges.
They're priced like Monster cable and look different, therefore they must perform better... :facepalm:

Once again my pessimistic nature makes me say it's waste of money :)

So are individually sleeved cables that match the color scheme of your mobo and fans but I'm getting those too. And case lighting.
This is my "just 'cuzz I can" project. Not my "I urgently need an upgrade" project. :)

Any and all pimperiffic upgrades are warranted.

I think they look great and looks like it lights up too.

If you were doing a Water SLI build or a build in general with a window these could nicely bring the overall quality of the builds looks up alot.

I can see why they appeal to people as some people are really into the looks of their cases and internals.

Plus most Bridges are reusable on other boards so if you make sure the board PCI-E spaces for the next Mobo you buy are the same you can keep reusing them.

I think they are nice for a designer build ... may have to grab one after they come down in price to throw on my gaming rig

Isn't it a bad idea to jam SLI'd video cards right next to each other like that? Is there such
a thing as extended SLI bridges so that you can put some space between the video cards?

Isn't it a bad idea to jam SLI'd video cards right next to each other like that? Is there such
a thing as extended SLI bridges so that you can put some space between the video cards?

Yes there are. You don't need to put 2 cards right next to eachother provided you have a motherboard that supports it.

The picture in OP shows three cards. With three or four cards, there are <approaching-negative-infinity> boards that would allow spacing between every card.

The reference style coolers work OK when crammed together and watercooling is excellent in such an application. Still, I would like to see a "SLI edition" card that uses fans similar to the ones in 1U rack servers to draw air from the end of the card where there's no restriction from another card. The PNY 970 looks like it could be modded if you don't mind voiding the warranty.

Those bridges are available at the EVGA store too. They are branded with EVGA markings, so if you're using EVGA cards they might be worth looking at. Looks like they are the same price.

Back