• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Else addicted to Building PC's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thobel

My current collection.. I actually think they need to create a new medical condition 'Techaholic" :screwy:

The Beast

CPU: I7 3960X @5000 H2O
MOBO: ASUS Rampage 4 Extream H20
RAM: Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 4x2GB 2133 Cl8 (Hypers)
Video: Evga Titan Tri Sli H20
Case: Danger Den Custom DoubleWide
PSU: Silverstone 1500
LCD: ASUS 27" Rog Swift
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
H20: Dual D5 Pumps, EK SLi Serial, BP Pump Top, BP Pump Cover, Frozen Q Reservoir, Lamptron FC2, 3x Blackice GTX 480's 2x Blackice GTX 360's
Keyboard: Corsair K90 Mouise Corsair G502
Headset: Beyerdynamic Headzone with MMX 300
Speakers: Definitive Technology Incline Desktop Speakers

The Baby Beast -In Progress

CPU: I7 5960X @Build In Progress
MOBO: ASUS Rampage 5 Extream Air
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platnium DDR4 4x4GB 2800
Video: Evga Titan Black Signiture with Backplate Air
Case: Corsair 750D
PSU: Corsair AX860
LCD: ASUS 27" Rog Swift
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
H20: Corsair H105
Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse Corsair Saber
Speakers: Bose Companion 5

Tiny Beast

CPU: I7 4770k @4.5
MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Impact Air
RAM: Corsair Vengence DDR3 2x8GB 1600 C9
Video: Evga GTX 980SC ACX Air
Case: Corsair 250D
PSU: Corsair HX650
LCD: BenQ XL2720T
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
H20: Corsair H110
Keyboard: Logitech G19 Logitech G9x
Headset Logitech G930

The Matrix

CPU: I7 2600k @4.0
MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro Air
RAM: Corsair Vengence DDR3 4x8GB 1600 C9
Video: GT 520 Air
Case: Lian Li PCA71F
PSU: Corsair HX1000
LCD: None
SSD: 2x Samsung Ocz Vertex 3 in Raid 1 Boot Drivec Samsung 840 Evo 500GB VM's
HDD: Areca ARC-1261 Raid Controller 15x4TB WD SE Data Center Drives in Raid 6
H20: Corsair H80

The Relic

CPU: I7 980X @4.5
MOBO: ASUS Rampage III Extreme H20
RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 6x2GB
Video: Evga GTX 480 Tri Sli H20
Case: Corsair 800D
PSU: Silverstone 1500
LCD: None
SSD: 2x Corsair GT 256 in Raid 0
H20: Dual D5 Pumps, Koolance 360 CPU, Koolance NX480 GPU, XSPC Dual Bay Res
Keyboard: Logitech G19 Logitech G9x
Headset Logitech G930

Microsoft Surface 3 Pro
i5 4300U
8Gb Ram
Docxking Station

The Tank

OriginPC EON 18 Laptop
CPU: I7 940XM
GPU: Nvidia GTX 480M
RAM: 8GB DDR3
SSD:2x Corsair GT 256GB in Raid 0
DVD: 6x Blueray Burner
LCD: 18.4" 3D LCD

I too am addicted to building PC's.

I love it. My mom wanted me to build her a desktop and the rush of buying the parts and putting everything together is just a fun every time.
I get a great sense of accomplishment on that first successful POST.

Yesterday I built my mom

Silverstone PS08B
AMD Athlon 5150
ASRock AM1B ITX
Corsair LS 120GB SSD
WD 250GB HDD (I had this)
Plextor DVD burner (I had this)
Corsair CX 500 (obvious overkill but the store had limited selection and this leaves future upgrade options)

It was a lot of fun.

Lol seems you're also addicted to i7 cpus as well lol.

I am as well but doing more building for guys at my work seeing as i'm broke lol.

with this recent job i got, i look forward to not only building but also rebuilding and upgrading the current computers in my house.

0u0 just bought myself a mouse today on newegg. g402 coming in 4 days :D

I like building too however, I can hold that excitement back a bit. Lol. I take time every year to upgrade and its typically November thru February when I've got nothing better to do than mess with all our PC's.

Lol seems you're also addicted to i7 cpus as well lol.

I am as well but doing more building for guys at my work seeing as i'm broke lol.

I have a few "go to" brands Intel I7, Samsung SSD (This year), EVGA For my GPU's, ASUS for my Motherboards, Corsair for my RAM, I lean towards Corsair for Cases and PSU's

I don't blame you I've been partial to gigabyte mobos for some reason, evga gpu, g. Skill ram and nzxt cases.

For some reason I thought that was a Thermal Paste brand :)

DSM is the "sort of made up, sort of based in fact, mostly nonsense" "bible" of the psychiatric community.

In essence, if enough people start rubbing flowers on their foreheads and shouting "Bubalaya!" that becomes a new mental disorder...

DSM is the "sort of made up, sort of based in fact, mostly nonsense" "bible" of the psychiatric community.

In essence, if enough people start rubbing flowers on their foreheads and shouting "Bubalaya!" that becomes a new mental disorder...

... Ooooook.. Lol lost me

... Ooooook.. Lol lost me

I've been classified as many things under the DSM... it's all nonsense. What we need is brain scanners that can detect true depression and aspergers and stuff like that. Until then it's all hogwash and snake oil in the psychiatry industry. It's just guesswork. You can't take an xray and see mental disorders like you can lung cancer.

Well, I agree that it's a far from perfect science but it is also true that it is often useful. From my perspective it's biggest shortcoming is that it ignores the spiritual/moral dimension of mental health. Unfortunately, we live in a world that has cast off the idea that there are moral absolutes and says that what is right and wrong is only cultural and existential. What is right and wrong has now been reduced to two questions: 1. Does it interfere with my personal freedom? and 2. Is it consensual? Otherwise, anything goes.

Last edited:
Back