• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twistable_deer

Capture.PNG
Hey guys. I have a somewhat weird issue with my ssd's. i have two Kingston SSDNOW v300 ssd's in a RAID 0 with a strip size of 128 Kb's and the speeds i am achieving are considerably slower then the speeds of a single ssd which boggles my mind. I know there are many posts about this but i haven't found a solution to my issue so ill give it a try here. my motherboard only has 6 GB/s ports so that can't be my issue. i just did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 so that shouldn't slow down my drives so as you can see, i am stumped so i am hoping there is someone out there who has the solution to my issue :)

PC Specs
Asus Z87-A Motherboard
Kingston SSDNOW v300 x2 (RAID 0)
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600 mhz RAM
Corsair 7750 Watt PSU
EVGA GTX 680 Classified GPU
Intel I7 4770 3.4 (Overclocked to 3.80) GHz processor

Are the ports in AHCI or IDE mode?

Those SSDs are well known for their poor performance. Far under manufacturer specifications is unfortunately pretty normal for the V300.

Oh thats a shame. i wish i knew that before i bought the second one :p its honestly faster without RAID so ill probably switch back to just one SSD and save the other one as a backup... well thanks anyways :) Marry (early) Christmas guys :)

Did you install the RAID driver? Might be that the built-in one for Win 8.1 isn't optimized for your board.

i did not have a raid driver installed when i did my first test so i installed my chipset and Intel Rapid Storage Technology from the asus website and re-ran the test and still got the exact same score of 576 and i was running windows 7 before and i also noticed that it wasn't performing super quick. my boot time win Windows 8 (past POST) is actually about 3-5 seconds longer then the single SSD boot time. i guess these ssd's dont do well in a RAID configuration.

Back