• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanting to upgrade from xp and win7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SubPar

Hi there just wondering if I should go to win 8.1 or should I wait for 10? I have 3 computers to update and I guess win 7 is going to EOL'd soon :mad: hate that garbage, do OS go on sale during boxing week? And what kind of license would I need to do all 3 computers? Or do I need 3 separate copies? Thanks for any replies!

at this point in time i would wait till 10 is out for a while and some of the first release bugs get worked out, 7 will be supported for some time to come so no hurry.

My bad I thought it was in 2015, lol I must of read wrong, I'll stick with win 7 till 10 is nice and stable

and don't get in a hurry to migrate, I still have and use XP and ubuntu feisty fawn, I have programs that run in xp and i just prefer feisty fawn.

Wanting to upgrade from xp and win7 .I guess win 7 is going to EOL'd soon :mad: hate that garbage...

End of Life for Windows XP is now 2019 and End of Life for Windows 7 is 2020.
There will be a successor to Windows 10 even by then ;). Windows 11 might be good because "it'll go to eleven". :D

and don't get in a hurry to migrate, I still have and use XP and ubuntu feisty fawn, I have programs that run in xp and i just prefer feisty fawn.

Speaking of EOL'd OS's, Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) went EOL October 19, 2008. If you're dual booting Ubuntu and XP you can keep the XP untouched and do fresh install of a newer Linux version. Ubuntu's installer will offer to replace any existing Linux OS's, which works fine. Or, you can do partitioning manually.

Back