• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best for the money(less than $200) LED 23'' Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
One people say one thing, the others say another thing.)) I personally do not have much experience, and do not have an idea how 8ms, 5 ms, and 1 ms latency looks like. I went to Tigerdirect yesterday, but their monitors are off, so I could not compare different types of panels and other specifications.

I just want to have an almost perfect purchase.

This review is for the 24" P2414H, but the response time and gaming section will still apply.
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_p2414h.htm

Note how close this monitor is to all the others listed, you won't have any issues with response time.
Now, go to input lag, and see how LOW this monitor is compared to a lot of others.

I have a quick question. What is the difference between these two Dells? Their specs look identical. Only the bazel is different.

Edited.
I started to read the article and it seems like I might find the answer there. Though it might no be so easy.))

U and P

- - - Updated - - -

The anti-glare spec can be found on Dell's website.

Right now, my pick for you would be this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260174

That's the monitor that I have three of, and know two other people on this forum have them.
All of us have been incredibly impressed. Right now it's $205 after the code, which is a STEAL.
It's a 24" IPS, with anti-glare coating, VESA mount, USB 3.0 hub, HDMI/DisplayPort inputs (4 total), factory color calibrated, over 96% RGB representation, and one of the best monitor stands available.
If you decide to go with multiple monitors later, this has a TINY bezel of just under 6mm, making it perfect for Surround gaming.
This monitor also supports MST, where you can chain monitors together with DisplayPort and still extend the desktop.

If that's too much money, look at the P2314H.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260148
It's a 23" IPS, with anti-glare coating, VESA mount, USB 2.0 hub, DVI/VGA/DisplayPort inputs (3 total), and the same stand as the U2414H.

These two monitors.

Ok, but who are those people who put bad reviews on many monitors and say, "do not buy it cause it is not a gaming monitor with 5ms"? Are those people used to high-end devices? I can hear a lot in video reviews this, "If you are fps-player and do not like 5-8ms latency, then this monitor might be not for you."

Those are the same people that will tell you they can see the difference between 64 fps and 68 fps. Its dumb. 5ms is FINE. Most tv's aren't even close to that fast.

If you are talking 10+, you will see some blurring on HIGH speed images.

I looked at my GTX 760 and found out that it has 2 HDMIs and 2 "white ports", but it seems like it does not have Display port. Is there any way out if I want to get P2414?

Edited.
What connectors do you use on your U2414h monitors?
Did you have an opportunity to use the P series monitor P2314h?

Now I think I decided to get a Dell, but not sure about connectors. On Amazon there are some reviews addressing Displayport issue. That is why I am asking about connectors. And P2314 has "white port", and Display port, but not HDMI port.

Last edited:
I've used both DisplayPort and HDMI inputs on my U2414H's.
I haven't had the chance to use the P2314H, but I have no doubt the quality is on par with these in terms of picture.

I believe the "white port" you refer to is the DVI port. You can use a cable to go from DVI to HDMI.
Your 760 should have two DVI ports, one HDMI port, and one DisplayPort connector.

Yes, it is true. The card has 1 display port. I just looked at it inside the plastic and saw only one graving "HDMI" between two ports similar to HDMI.

Continued.
Well $50 matter.)) Thus, I decided to stop on P2314h.

Placed an order on it.

Last edited:
Thank you ATMINSIDE, and Bob4933.

I liked Acer very much for price and specs, but at this moment it is sold out already, and I exemined two products closer and found out that Dell p2314h has a better stend. Thus, I bought Dell P2314h for $152.

That's a killer price for the P2314, you'll be very pleased :)

Thank you ATMINSIDE, and Bob4933.

I liked Acer very much for price and specs, but at this moment it is sold out already, and I exemined two products closer and found out that Dell p2314h has a better stend. Thus, I bought Dell P2314h for $152.

congrats, Dell's make some kick butt monitors.

Back