• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TurboDuo R9 290

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luke1978

Anyone here have a Powercolor R9 290 TurboDuo? If you do could you post here or PM me? I want to verify that this card has the original BIOS. Cant find it on TPU.

According to GPU-Z my BIOS is 157135.ROM which doesn't seem right (I found this by doing the online submission form) None of the Powercolor R9 290s on TPU show that though. They are all 131xxx or 140xxx

I also find it odd that my voltage control is 100% unlocked. Seems untypical of powercolor, but both of the cards BIOSes are the same as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

PowerColor GPU's voltages are unlocked. I had a Powercolor 7870 and I was able to ramp up the voltage and power limit :D. Not unsual. It is unusual that you cannot find verification of the bios unless the gpu was purchased from a private seller. They may have flashed it prior to selling it.

It was purchased from a private seller. The voltage is good to know, my 270X Devil had locked voltages. I cant imagine someone would flash both BIOS to something different. I think I'm being paranoid lol.

Well as long as it runs/functions as it should, then there's no worries. You can always flash it back to it's original bios and have the card back to it's defaults like it never happened ;)

That's why I'm looking for someone that has one so I can get the original ;) and BIOS 1 IS different from BIOS 2

i wouldnt be surprised then if they have been mined on, and both of them have been flashed with a stilt bios

I emailed Raymond @ powercolor describing the blackscreen issue (this is prior to finding out that one of the BIOSes is definitely not "stock") and he sent me a new BIOS for the card. Hopefully it helps.

Back