• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reason #7475382 I will never leave the Country

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm paying 69.xx for internet (60mbps down and 4.5mbps up) and phone w/ Charter :clap:

When I lived in europe I payed almost 70 euro a month for 24 meg fiber line and would repeat. Ill take it any day over murican ISP cable or worst DSL.

Ping times are incredible with fiber

I'm currently paying ~$80,- for telephone, television and internet. Internet is 180Mbit/s down and 18Mbit/s up ;)
EDIT: I'm living in the Netherlands.

You'd think I'd have better deals than you guys seeing as I'm close to the damn Silicon Valley but NOPE!

I'm currently paying ~$80,- for telephone, television and internet. Internet is 180Mbit/s down and 18Mbit/s up ;)
EDIT: I'm living in the Netherlands.

Is it fiber?
Thats pretty cheap

In murica I pay 200 for all 3 with 30 meg line :(

There is an ISP monopoly where i live

Kinda is here too.
No fiber in my town yet. :(

FiOS was promised to me in my town...but apparently it just never got run to me...less than a mile away they have fiber networks, but not willing to run it any further...

Comcast has a pretty good monopoly for High Speed Internet in my area...DSL speeds can't even compete.

HFC is what it's called, forgot the name. I guess it does kinda defeat the purpose of fiber but it's not really affecting my dl speeds at all, it probably averages out around 120Mbit/s up with 110Mbit in the morning/afternoon/evening.

Back