• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 8.1 Restart Stall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alzerm

Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit freshly installed 2 days ago. Restarts of any kind cause fans to max out and screen to shut off even when reset from bios. I've waited about 15 mins tops then just held the power until it shuts down. Shutdowns are instant but on previous install of this image they would take a bit sometimes and after waiting for the shutdowns to finish by themselves it would self repair. Now it's just restarts stalling.

Attempted some commands in cmd to turn off some fast startup features, turned off fast startup in power options, turned off fast boot in uefi, not using a wireless nic via usb or pci card either so I am lost at this point. Only two changes that have come to system since the fresh reimaging was an added gpu (used and worked fine before reimaging) and cpu (imaged right after install). Any other ideas on what I could to do get this fixed?

I don't believe this may be an OS issue anymore. When I am in the uefi I can't restart after changing settings. It is common in windws 8 so I posted it here but this is happening before the OS even comes up. Is it possible to move this thread elsewhere?

Back