• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mobo and CPU , boot probles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keprycz

Hi
I replaced my mobo with gigabyte ga-z97x gaming 5 and i5 4690K with noctua ndh 14 cooler
rest parts:
all parts below were working perfect before i swapped mobo and cpu
corsair PSU 750
corsair vegenence 8gb 1600mhz
corsair SSD 128gb
Gigabyte 7970 OC 3Gb
2Tb HDD
2x 500gb HDD
1x 160Gb HDD

ive noticed boot up problems
no beep , monitor wont on , and discovered when unplugged power from one of 500gbs system boot up , then i switched off , power back HDD and works fine
today morning when pc was off for whole night gad same problem but this time i had to take power form 3 hdds , then system start up , amd same thing power back 3 hdds and works fine

Just to be thorough, you're only disconnecting the power from the HDD's and then it boots?

For what it's worth, the original TX750 is a very old design.
I'm not sure it's the issue, but it wouldn't be the first time I've heard of one of those failing after about 3 years.

Yes I only disconnecting HDDs

Then system boot up , then i csn power off plugin in power to hdd and system works fine again . And if I leave it off for few hours it won't boot up again so I have to repeat disconnecting HDDs

Unplug the system from the wall, hit the power button, plug it back in, and then see if it exhibits the same behavior as sitting for a few hours.

I forgot to mention when system won't boot up and when I press power button computer goes on and one of the fans on noctua dh14 stops after few seconds, there is no beeps and pc shutdown and power up it self , thus process repeats till I disconnect HDd

fwiw, my TX blew up on me, and took out my motherboard in glorious fashion. Regardless of what happens here, you should really consider spending some cash on a newer PSU.

Back