• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battery locations can suck on Motherboards!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yerp it's crazy chaos... I've had fun corrupting bios then pulling water cooled cards to get at it... Totally impractical.

Do some modding?
Desolder a battery mount from a broken board... Solder a couple of wires to the board or even make a mock battery that terminates in the original battery socket. Could be a cool mod :cool:

I'm thinking of doing exactly that bobby. I have an MSI board that mined for me for a few months before my Sempron drew to much power for the VRMS lol

Even throw in a switch so you don't even have to remove the battery.

Little bit of a market for such a thing... Where's the ocf legal team? Protect our intellectual property :D lol

Edit: even insulating one terminal of the battery and placing a switch in line would do.

Last edited:
Have you read the CMOS reset procedure in your manual? I've seen some weird ones over the years. Some are kinda stupid IMO, such as short the pins then power on the board to clear it. I've seen other equally stupid sounding procedures & they all involve keeping the board powered to clear CMOS.

Just to clear up an earlier post of mine. I was able to clear the CMOS today without removing the battery. If I pull the PSU power cable and short the pins it does clear. The problem still exists that when I go X-Fire on this this the pins will be located between the 2 GPU's.

:facepalm:

Just realized the sabertooth sucks for this too! haha The battery is literally right next to the main PCI slot haha.

Back