• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VERY limited options in HIS iTurbo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hitman187

I have the HIS R9 270 IceQ X²
When I first got the card I installed iTurbo and it gave me all the normal options http://www.hisdigital.com/un/news_show-237.shtml#UF but now It's not letting me overclock or touch the voltage. It happened after I installed MSI afterburner and tried to run them at the same time by accident.
I can use the amd overdrive overclocking for a small overclock, but I want to try for more than that...
Will I need to flash a new bios or something? I know it's nothing in my files or settings because I just switched to an SSD with a fresh windows install and it's still the same.
If I need to flash a new bios can anyone point me in the right direction to finding the right bios for my GPU or a custom one that allows me to set my voltage in MSI Afterburner. MSI afterburner is currently giving me the same options as Iturbo, but when everything was working it never let me unlock the voltage even after changing the settings in the config file.

I'm not an expert with all this, but I understand it all and am capable of flashing a bios if I just know where to find the right one.

QYUu8o0.png

Uninstall drivers, Afterburner and HIS software. Clean folders too as there are config files which are not always removed. Then reinstall driver and HIS software. If it won't help then try Sapphire Trixx.

Yep... or MSI AB. Its not recognizing the card it seems as, IIRC, there should be more details there (instead of simply R9 200 series).

Yep... or MSI AB. Its not recognizing the card it seems as, IIRC, there should be more details there (instead of simply R9 200 series).

Nothing on my computer has ever really recognized my GPU, no benchmarking software, not even GPUz. Even when I had my HD 6770, it would show up as 6700 series. I've already uninstalled drivers twice, like I said it's a fresh Windows 8.1 install and it was happening before the install. This has never been a problem in the past, because like I said it was working fine until I had both running at the same time. I'll try it one more time then try trixx.

2bp.png

I just tried saphire trixx and it works fine... I haven't tried MSI AB in a while, but I think I'll just stick with trixx... So weird how iTurbo isn't working for me and the card I have is supposed to be the OC version of their 270...

Trixx and iturbo are so ugly to me.. I prefer AB personally. Try 4.0 and see if it works.

Back