• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any other 2560x1440 high refresh monitors on the horizon??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
Has anyone else heard anything about anymore of these monitors coming out? I know that the Asus ROG is on the market but since it's the only one and it has G-sync, can't help but think that the price is a little inflated!!

Googling brings up only the Asus... Anyone else heard or seen anything?

Also, anyone have experience OC'ing 2560x1440 monitors? What kind of results are people getting?

:D

Acer has one coming, IPS display with 144hz and 2560x1440

Acer has one coming, IPS display with 144hz and 2560x1440

Ooooh!! I'm needing more resolution to tax my GPU's...

Been looking at monitors that can OC but seems I would have to buy directly from South Korea and it isn't guaranteed. I would rather pay a bit extra and get something that can do it out of the box!

Edit: Two from the looks of it... IPS +G-Sync one and a TN without G-Sync one... LINK

Last edited:
Edit: Two from the looks of it... IPS and G-Sync one and a TN one... LINK

Found what I'll be using when I finally get around to buying a tri-monitor setup with the same screens. All I need is to sell a lung and maybe a kidney for a couple of GTX 980s to drive them and I'm set :D

no word on Response time yet

Nor pricing...

I would imagine the IPS + G-sync to be a little more than the Asus ROG, TN with no G-sync I imagine will be cheaper and have better response times than the IPS.

I'll probably go with the TN

Nor pricing...

I would imagine the IPS + G-sync to be a little more than the Asus ROG, TN with no G-sync I imagine will be cheaper and have better response times than the IPS.

I'll probably go with the TN

I have the ASUS ROG now I would jump all over the IPS one if the Response time was very low

I have the ASUS ROG now I would jump all over the IPS one if the Response time was very low

Are you more used to IPS? Or do you find the TN on the Asus to be not so great? I've only ever owned one IPS panel and find TN to be perfectly fine for my gaming needs!

Are you more used to IPS? Or do you find the TN on the Asus to be not so great? I've only ever owned one IPS panel and find TN to be perfectly fine for my gaming needs!

Before the ROG I used a Dell 3007 30" IPS and loved it. The TN Is not as "crisp" but after a few days I didn't even notice it. I do notice a big improvement with gaming though

Keep in mind the new RoG monitor is IPS + 1440p + G-Sync + 144Hz as well.

Keep in mind the new RoG monitor is IPS + 1440p + G-Sync + 144Hz as well.

The new one is from Acer not Asus Rog. What we don't know about the new one is the Response time. The Rog one is 1ms my best is the Acer one is much higher (why they don't mention it)

Sorry just realized you are talking about the New ROG monitors. Maybe? If so the new IPS is 120hz and no gsync

http://wccftech.com/asus-launches-4k-ips-gsync-monitor/

I wouldn't think it would be higher, if it is... it won't be by much.

I can't remember the last time I saw a TN panel with anything higher than 1ms response time

Very very nice screen. High res, 27", 144Hz (with G-Sync for gaming) and IPS! . That could turn into my main, do-it-all screen. All that has me worried is the price tag on it, and whether it's a good IPS screen. There have been some really poor IPS screens in the past that were no better then a good TN screen, as far as color reproduction is concerned.

I'm not sure how to feel about the competing FreeSync though. Looks like Nvidia isn't supporting it (so far) and there may be competing monitors that may support one or the other (maybe both). I really want to try G-Sync, but I can't justify the $100+ add-on for my VG248.

I don't run nvidia so it would be pointless for me to drop the extra dough on one with G-Sync.

Plus the bezel on the TN one looks mighty fine

The new one is from Acer not Asus Rog. What we don't know about the new one is the Response time. The Rog one is 1ms my best is the Acer one is much higher (why they don't mention it)

Sorry just realized you are talking about the New ROG monitors. Maybe? If so the new IPS is 120hz and no gsync

http://wccftech.com/asus-launches-4k-ips-gsync-monitor/

Oh geez, I guess I confused the 4K panel with the 1440p panel of the 2 coming out.

Oh geez, I guess I confused the 4K panel with the 1440p panel of the 2 coming out.

Easily done, still an interesting point tho as they are also releasing an IPS 2560x1440 @ 120Hz with no G-Sync... could be a serious contender as well

In case anyone still remembers this thread: The Acer XB270HU is about $800 on NewEgg.

Ouch. :(

PS: It doesn't support 3D Vision. Guess I'll have to wait longer for the perfect monitor.

Last edited:
Back