• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Placing Order in a few days, X99 build - Last minute Advice Please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

archaeic_bloke

Hey all,
I posted here a few weeks back saying I was planning to buy soon and a whole discussion erupted!: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-running-10-year-old-OC-d-rig-time-to-upgrade

Anyway, I'm finally ready to make the order and I wanted to check back here for a final round of advice before I commit to this purchase.

Here's the basic circumstance info for my needs:
  • I'm in Canada
  • Will purchase locally at Microbytes who can come close to matching PC part picker prices - but I prefer to buy locally incase return is needed.
  • I own a GoPro Hero 4 Black (and a few other filming devices like waterproof cannon camera does 1080p/ipad air 2 does 1440 and high frame rate etc...) and will be filming/editing 4K videos, as well as composing music for these videos.
  • I build websites; will also be coding, photoshopping, multi-browser, etc..

Anyway, so one of you told me to consider the X99... I considered it... and I wanna go that route. I am looking for some final advice on this build setup before I pull the trigger and sploosh my cheddar ($$).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($654.89 @ DirectCanada)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($113.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($417.93 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($529.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Plextor M6e 128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($136.25 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($142.98 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.98 @ DirectCanada)
Video Cards: 2 X (SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($414.50 @ Amazon Canada)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($219.99 @ Memory Express)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($109.99 @ Canada Computers)

Thanks for taking the time to respond and if you could also provide your favorite recommendation for either of these two items, I have no idea where to start with these:
  1. Which monitor?? (must be 4K capable, at least 28 inches, must have G-sync nVidia, and ideally a good refresh rate)
  2. Which Mechanical Keyboard? you know.. for CSGO etc... lol

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to post up a pic/video of the build when complete.

Back