• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp and Windows Update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rutro

Registered
Well I see I'm not the only one having the Xp Blues. After several installs from upgrades to clean I noticed on the Windoze Update that some of the patch files should not be downloaded if you do not have the particular problem that they address,I had been downloading them all thinking they would keep problems from occuring.The files definitly say not to do this unless you are having the specific problem they address. They go on to say to wait for the upcomeing service pack. So this time I followed the damn instructions and guess what ? Every thing is stable again and Ol'Stanley's feeling cool. :cool: and acting like a fool.........I don't know if this applies to any one elses probs or not,just a ...........thought

I've never read them just installed them all.:p I'll have to read them during my next install.

Back