• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good is an Intel Core i5-4440 CPU @ 3.1 GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rammstein

It's an i5-4440 quad core CPU @ 3.1 GHz per core. I'm wondering how out of date it is. It is the weakest point on my computer according to the windows experience index; scoring only a 7.5 out of 7.9 everything else is 7.9

out of date? thing is prety much brand new. if you are gaming its plenty. as for windows experience index, ignore it, that thing is sketchy at best.

WEI is useless... do not use that to measure performance.

But its hard to tell you how good something is when you do not mention what it is used for... For example, a Honda Civic is a good car... but not if you need to haul a ton of bricks.

WEI is telling you only that apps from windows store or whatever it's called in microsoft database can run on your hardware. In real it's pretty useless as every 2-3 year old PC can run every program, just sometimes slower than expected.

Back