• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

970gtx overclock software I'm lost.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

Hey all my 7970 took a sheet a week ago so it was time for something new. Got me a GTX970 970gtx 04G-P4-3979-KB. I think its the 2nd ver of the SSC. The pic below shows whats its doing without touching the card.
I have been out of the game for sometime, this is the first nVidia card I have had in 4-5 years and need to know what software to use.
Seems its all the same.

The other question I have, I went from eyefinity to nvidia surround, one monitor will kick off and on once in a while when on windows never in game. Is this a normal bug?

Thanks all!

cnf.png

Afterburner for the most part to OC your card. Set your power 120% ...... Up the Speed first I would probably start somewhere around +175 then test for stability with Unigne Heaven or something similar. If passes bump +10 and test again. Keep doing this till you get instability or artifacting and drop 10mhz. That is about your max OC for the clockspeed. Then set back to stock and do the same for your ram. once you get your max ram speed you can combine the two. You will have to test again and don't be surprised to see it fail right off the bat. If it does turn down your ram a bit and test again. Keep an eye on your temps ..... me personally I try to keep my temps below 80 - 85 max 80 is better ..... for me.

What more are you looking for hank? the process to overclock hasn't changed much outside of the power limit thing Which you just crank. Looks like the simple question was answered.

As far as multiple monitors turning off, I do not recall that happening. perhaps look in settings to power down the monitors??

I think its something to do with surround. I dont get the flicker in game but do some times on desktop.
Ill give afterburner a run.

Thanks all

Back