• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Post - Vaio VGN-NW20ZF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FloppyHunter

Registered
Hi all,

My father recently purchased a new laptop, which didn't have Wireless N 5ghz. So I swapped over with his old laptops 5ghz card.

To get to the wireless card, the entier back panel needed removing, and since simply placing it back on and screwing everything back together it no longer POST's at all.

I've removed the panel, checked all the connections, tried powering from battery and just from mains but still no POST.

The CD drive has power, fan comes on, hard disk is spinning, and if I hook it up via HDMI the tv detects power to the input but no signal. No display via VGA either.

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts? Read a lot about it being due to a dedicated GPU and/or the mobo maybe now being defective.

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers,
Hunter

Have you tried removing the card, and running stock again? If the problem persists then something got damaged during the swap.

Back