• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK Waterblocks Radiator Failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It would be appreciated if only the op, his partner in crime, and EK responded further in this thread unless there is something truely constructive to say. No need to pile on As I believe our points have been made. ;)

As De5tr0yer clearly stated,

EK Luc did provide comforting words which do not appeal to me

And since it's exactly what I felt from his reply and also the fact that there's already an open ticket on this issue, I can only hope that the employee will get in touch with you really soon because I agree that the delay is way too long here but I can't be of much more help here.

The only thing I will say about all you've said in your replies, is that you're making your issue looked like EK's is going down the drain and the poor quality of our products is the proof of that....that I don't really like.

Of course, like others said (and I agree), we aren't perfect and we do have occasional errors in the products we make but this is the same reality for every company. You might have had similar issues with Bitspower, Heatkiller, Aquacomputer, etc... Does this mean that all those companies are going down the drain too?

Luc, no offense, but for you goes the same as I said before to another colleague here: if you concluded something from my posts that is not written black on white, that is entirely up to you.

Unfortunately, for me the bad thing happened. I never stated EK is "going down the drain", what I have written is my problem and comparison with the experience I had before. I may be an isolated case, but it is mine and I do not like having faulty products. I did the same with my hand mixer when it started rattling half a year ago and today with my yufka when a woman mistakenly wanted to make me kebab. In both cases the product functioned properly, but with small problems. Better to prevent than to cure.

I am sorry for all of you who see everything so shallow, with only thought that I am trying to blacken the EK brand. It is the opposite. I hope you and EK learns something from my case. I have waited two months to find a solution with EK without making a fuss about it. During telephone conversation with Mr Šajn I also offered the possibility to contact me any time if they need more information, photos or parts I have used to help solve the problem. He can confirm I did not attack him or EK in any way. I am certainly not doing it now.

I still have the same intentions and I would be most pleased to close up this ordeal.

Luc, if you could confirm with Mr Šajn my writings here as accurate (or not), feel free to do so.

Today I did not want to let yet another week to go by without receiving the feedback from EK, so I diailed a number.

Other than the point where I had to initiate the conversation again, the conversation went rather good, if not very good for me.

After short initial discussion about mayhems colour, Mr Šajn confirmed that the extender-situation should not have had happened. He was not specific, but as I understood, the extender from my pictures should have not had unscrewed by itself. He also offered to substitute the radiators AND the nickel plated parts of my waterblocks, because of the greasy layer the mayhems colour left on them. I was free enough to offer some advice about mentioning the flushing radiator part in user manuals of both radiator and colour, which was accepted as a critic.

EK said I should initiate the RMA procedure via their RMA website, input the data for both radiators and that he will inform other co-workers for other parts.

After main part of the conversation I once again stated that all I said, wrote or showed on photos had no intention to be as extreme as some of you have tried to depict it. Mr Šajn had the understanding and also confirmed what somebody here wrote: it is normal that errors happen, and that he is sorry I have them.

All I have to do is sit tight and wait for further infos from RMA.

So, an RMA wasn't started when you made the call/shortly after/before? That would have been the first thing I would have done so there is a reference of the problem. That way, when you make the call, you reference the RMA, potentially talk to the same CSR or if not, they (hopefully) have notes in the RMA on their side so the new person taking the call can 'take over'.

Regardless, I am glad that you are seeing some action!! I do hope it works out. :)

Seems so, the RMA was not started, although Mr Šajn initiated the mail flow with Mayhems and the conversation was made between us over the same medium, I contacted EK support directly via email. I will update with further info as I receive them.

Thanks EarthDog, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, too. :)

The package with radiators and nickle plated parts is in my possesion, everything is inside.

I will return the used radiators most probably tomorrow. I have already packed them this morning.

I am happy everything turned out well in the end.

To those with wise words of advice I thank you and wish all the best in your future watercooling and similar endeavours.

Back