• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK custom loop LianLi O11D-XL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bangarang

Registered
Hello pc enthusiasts,

I'm in dire need of assistance.

In the last months I played with the thought of realizing a custom loop for my pc, so I went ahead and bought some stuff. Now I face a small issue, its not related to how to build it but rather other the planning process. Ok, so I'm very anxious about getting the last parts, which means radiators, tubes, fittings and all the other small stuff like the pressure gauge? I hope this is the correct word.

So that's why I'm turning towards you guys to lend me a hand or rather a few tips how you usually plan the custom loop and yea..

So the most important part are my parts:
Ryzen 9 3900X, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming, 250GB SSD, 2x 1TB SSD Sandisk Ultra 3D, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W, 32GB DDR4-3200, Lian-Li O11 Dynamic XL Black

I have only ordered EK parts so far:
EK Water Blocks Quantum Line EK-Quantum Magnitude D-RGB, AM4, Nickel Acryl (3831109819265)
EK Water Blocks Quantum Line EK-Quantum Vector FTW3 RTX 2080 D-RGB, Nickel, Acryl (3831109816806)
EK Water Blocks Quantum Line EK-Quantum Vector FTW3 RTX 2080 Backplate Nickel (3831109816820)
EK Water Blocks Quantum Line EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11D D5 PWM D-RGB, Acryl (3831109826140) (its a distribution plate with the pump)

I'll want to use only 2x 360 radiators, as 3x360 wont fit due to the pump thats attached to the distribution plate.

I look forward to your help

Best Regards
Alex

Nah not a flow meter, I've seen in a couple of videos and threads that people use a device that measures the air inside the custom loop.

I'm 90% certain its this one
EK Water Blocks EK-Leak Tester (3831109816738)

or rather such a device

Nah not a flow meter, I've seen in a couple of videos and threads that people use a device that measures the air inside the custom loop.
Seems useless, that metric?

I'm 90% certain its this one
EK Water Blocks EK-Leak Tester (3831109816738)

or rather such a device
Ahhhhhhhhhh........

That would be a leak tester as it says in the description, sir! You use it to pressurize your loop and check for leaks. It does not measure the air inside the custom loop. The gauge shows pressure, but again its function is to add pressure to the loop so you can check for leaks. ;)

Ah I see, I'll make sure to read through the articles you linked me. Is it okay if I come back to this thread later and ask people if my idea is good and not flawed?

There are a few people making front distro blocks for that case (I know because I use one) They do allow you to be able to run 3 radiators in that case. They also use the D5 pump vs the DDC pump that is used on the EK distro blocks. Here are a few links to them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393116933646?hash=item5b87985e0e:g:Yy0AAOSw9axgF4nS This is the one I have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3925161385...4cd79d2c2415829b8dbd|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524

That is one that takes 2 pumps for 2 loops.

It is a good option if you would like to go the 3 rad route. Just figured that I would expand your options a little.

Radikult is another seller with similar case panels. I have one of his generic 3x120 reservoirs and it's been up almost 3 years now no problems!

Thanks for the input guys, but I dont want to change my stuff anymore. Regarding my custom loop only radiators, tubes and the small stuff is left, I have the waterblocks and distribution plates already :)

Okay guys, I'm breaking my head over this and I just cant find an answer. Attached is an imgur link with 2 pictures of the distro plate. My question is regarding the red and blue circles, the blue ones are for the tubes obviously, but the red ones, I can freely rotate them in their respective "line" right? like some have a form of a Z, some are a straight line

I wish I could answer your question... BUMP for an answer! :)

Side note - please host the images here... you need to be in advanced reply to do so (the links/image will disappear in time with imgur).

Yeah I'm not sure if the plugs are just pre-populated. I hope you don't mean that you can freely turn the plugs in the acrylic, as that would not be good. If you mean to freely change the position, then yes I believe so. Again, speculating I believe they are to accommodate different equipment positions for inlet/outlet with rigid tubing. Each segment of the distro plate should have one inlet and one outlet. Be careful not to over-tighten any plugs or fittings in the acrylic, it would be easy to strip the threads out with a hex key plug fitting. Finger tight should be sufficient.

If I were to draw a concept for my custom loop and I need you guys to "proof-read" it, would you prefer a drawing on paper or in paint? I have no clue how I'm gonna pull that off yet, but I have to make it work somehow :D

So here is an edited copy of your picture with the typical ins and outs marked in different colors. The alternative holes in each section is simply to better accommodate a variety of setups.
dOD2khl.jpg

I would suggest doing as I have done in the past. Mount your waterblock on the CPU and gpu, then install all of the components inside of the case. Take some pictures and play around in paint until you find a layout that is suitable and looks good. Once you ave your design, then it is just a matter of bending your hard tubing and installing everything.

May I highly suggest that you buy yourself a nice pile of rotary fittings. I think that I used something like 10 in my build. As well as some short g 1/4" extensions. I picked up a variety when I did mine. Like 15,20,25 or such. It can help to get alignments just right, as well as save some extra bends.

If you're having issues figuring out the plugs on your distro follow the flow. The distro will be broke down into two parts..... 1 pressure/ outlet by the pump and 2 .. res / collection or simply return line. All your return lines will dump into the res portion. The two sections will be distinct and individually sealed with O Rings.

Thanks.. tho the distro plate didn't come with any manual at all :(
It's online. ;)

http://www.lian-li.com/o11d-dpg1-manual.pdf

EDIT: For some reason, that button doesn't work today (did yesterday on my phone!!!)

Here is the link to the webpage (that PDF manual is towards the bottom).
https://lian-li.com/product/o11d-distro-plate-g1/

I think this is a bit different than yours, but, I think you'd get the concept if you can get that PDF to work. :thup:

EDIT2: THis looks more like yours... here's the manual.
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109825211.pdf

Back