• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Since when is Ebay 10% FEE???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

I got hit with a huge ebay seller fee today and I was shocked to read that they take 10% of the final value. I've sold stuff for years on and off and I've never seen this. How long has this been in effect? I'm done with ebay...10% plus paypal fee's is ridiculous.

I still make more money than selling through other avenues, for sure. Yeah, 10% sucks, but its better than not selling the item.

Definitely been that way for a few years, tack on another 3% or so for PayPal. I've sold about $5k worth of stuff over the last couple of years on ebay, and the fee definitely hurts, but most of the things I've sold wouldn't have had much of a market locally for me. If you want to sell quickly, ebay is generally the way to go. If you don't mind sitting on the item for a while, you could probably get more money elsewhere.

Also, wrong forum? :)

Back