• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would you say this is a bad cooling solution, Raijintek TRITON AIO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wort

Registered
Hey guys. So I just did some OC and something really bugs me..

I tried 44x multiplier at 1.25V, but I got BSOD while booting, so I lowered it down to 43x while keeping the voltages at 1.25V. I kept Cache speed manually at 3600.

on 43x multiplier, my pc boots smoothly and I even did IntelBurnTest on HIGH, 10 times to run and it passed alright. Temperatures were pretty high. I'll just post a screenshot of results.

For cooling I use Raijintek TRITON liquid cooler, which got some pretty good reviews.

ugHBadM.jpg

Based on the screenshot I posted, would you say that cooling solution is just bad, that my OC is garbage, or that my chip is just one of the "bad ones"?

The temperatures are already high, even on 1.25V...If I want to OC more, I need to increase voltages as well...meaning my chip would probably reach the critical temperature.

Your suggestions are really appreciated.

EDIT: Not sure how I forgot to mention this, but my CPU is i5-4670k

Also, I know that 10 runs of IntelBurnTest isn't an indication of system being stable, so I'm not even sure if my CPU can keep up with 4300Mhz at 1.25V...

Many things can affect the performance of an AIO. As log as you're certain you have good CPU contact and the fan and pumps were on high then it's likely just the CPU. These have been all over the map when it comes to temps. That I do know. Also make sure you have plenty of fresh air coming into the case to feed the rad.

re-mount your AIO to the cpu... i would atleast. something smells wrong.

Many things can affect the performance of an AIO. As log as you're certain you have good CPU contact and the fan and pumps were on high then it's likely just the CPU. These have been all over the map when it comes to temps. That I do know. Also make sure you have plenty of fresh air coming into the case to feed the rad.

I even reinstalled my AIO, just to make sure there wasn't too much TIM and that there was a good contact between cpu and AIO. I plugged my pump to CHA_FAN3 and made sure it runs on full speed, and fans were on low settings, but even if I set them on highest RPM, the temperature won't drop, which seems weird to me.

I have enough fans inside my case, so there's good airflow inside...

For quite a while I thought there wasn't a good contact between waterblock and CPU, but when I took the waterblock off the cpu, the TIM was spread all over the cpu, so I guess contact is alright.

- - - Updated - - -

What's your ambient temp?

it''s 23-25°C

- - - Updated - - -

re-mount your AIO to the cpu... i would atleast. something smells wrong.

I did this already...didn't really help

How much TIM are you using? Sounds like you could have too much to me.

Sounds about right.

Is the air coming out of the radiator warm?

No, not really...I wouldn't say it was "cool", but it wasn't warm either.

I ran the test for 10-20 minutes though, so I guess the water hasn't warmed up that much I guess.

No, not really...I wouldn't say it was "cool", but it wasn't warm either.

I ran the test for 10-20 minutes though, so I guess the water hasn't warmed up that much I guess.

Is the pump running full speed?

Is the pump running full speed?

Well, I plugged it to CHA_FAN3 and made sure that it's set to "Full speed" in BIOS. HWmonitor reports 4300RPM for the pump, while specifications for this pump says 3000RPM. I guess it's a wrong read.

Looking for people who own Raijintek TRITON cooler, have question.

I'm really sorry for this kind of topic had to be opened, but I really need somebody who owns that AIO :)

Can you feel the vibrations coming from the pump assembly? While getting close to the cpu socket as possible with your fingers, is the assembly warm to the touch?

What is the question you need to ask... I don't see one?

Second, you already have a thread open on this same subject (the temps on this cooler)... so I am wondering why you started a second thread on it?

What is the question you need to ask... I don't see one?

Second, you already have a thread open on this same subject (the temps on this cooler)... so I am wondering why you started a second thread on it?

I need to ask how people mounted Waterblock on CPU, since Raijintek's User manual lacks some information and I want to exclude every possibility that maybe I mounted my AIO wrong.

I know I have a thread open already, but since that post is about something else, I thought maybe it would be wise to open new one. If it breaks the forum rules, I am sorry and there will be no hard feelings if you close the thread.

Can you feel the vibrations coming from the pump assembly? While getting close to the cpu socket as possible with your fingers, is the assembly warm to the touch?

I can indeed feel the light vibrations when I touch the pump assembly, but nothing too "shaky".

Regarding the warmth of the assembly... the waterblock plastic seems really thick, so I wouldn't say it's warm...it's not cool either.

Ok, well slight vibrations can mean the impeller inside the housing is working. Temps you say "is not warm, but not cool either", so by that I take it it's room temperature. I would have to say the bottom of the cooling plate might be warped (concave) and is not making proper contact with the cpu's IHS. Doesn't matter how many times you remount, this defect will not allow the assembly to properly sit making the contact needed to cool the chip.

Try looking around the net to see if you find pictures of it and how it's mounted on other boards. Maybe you might find something amiss.

Ok, well slight vibrations can mean the impeller inside the housing is working. Temps you say "is not warm, but not cool either", so by that I take it it's room temperature. I would have to say the bottom of the cooling plate might be warped (concave) and is not making proper contact with the cpu's IHS. Doesn't matter how many times you remount, this defect will not allow the assembly to properly sit making the contact needed to cool the chip.

Try looking around the net to see if you find pictures of it and how it's mounted on other boards. Maybe you might find something amiss.

Before I got this cooler, I had the same one, which leaked after few days, so I got this one as replacement.

Anyway, on both coolers I got similar results when it comes to temps, so I don't think they were both warped. I appreciate your effort though :)

I forgot add: when I take the cooler off the CPU, thermal paste seems evenly spread across the CPU...my guess would be that if there was no contact, the TIM wouldn't get spread... (or would it?)

Can you take a picture of the TIM spread when you pull the block off?

Back