• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well I finally got my system built

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I wanted to tell you that I finished my new build and wanted to thank those of you who helped me.

Compared to my last system that I built this one seems so fast it blows my mind. I ran the windows utility that tells you the performance of your system, As you can see in the image my hard drive killed me for a score.

I know many of you were telling me about a solid state hard drive and at first I didn't understand what you were telling me, once I understood it I decided to go with the spinners I bought.

Can you image how fast of a system I would have had I bought a solid state HD??

I want to thank all of you who offered your help and suggestions. The one thing I was worried about was the loud noise that one of you said I would suffer, to be honest my system is not loud at all so although The Hyper Cooler 212 EVO would cool it much better this stock heat sink and all the other fans in my case keeps it cool, even as cool as my last system when I had the Theralright Ultra-90.

Once again thank you for all of you who helped me
Ron

Attachments

• 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 61
I can indeed imagine how fast your system would be with a solid state drive. I'm running a comparable system myself, though some parts are a little higher end. I'll tell you, it takes me less than 20 seconds to get to a usable (note, I said usable) desktop, and any app that I have installed on my SSD loads instantly, with the exception of GIMP, which takes about 2 seconds.

I can indeed imagine how fast your system would be with a solid state drive. I'm running a comparable system myself, though some parts are a little higher end. I'll tell you, it takes me less than 20 seconds to get to a usable (note, I said usable) desktop, and any app that I have installed on my SSD loads instantly, with the exception of GIMP, which takes about 2 seconds.

Do all your drives have to be solid state or just the one that your OS is on?

Do all your drives have to be solid state or just the one that your OS is on?
For anything to load fast, it needs to be on the SSD. For example, if you install your OS only on the SSD, but install a game on a HDD, the game will load slow because it is loading from the HDD not the SSD. Typically people put their OS and a couple of major applications and games on the SSD (assuming space limited).

Use the SSD for installing the OS and programs. Use the spinner for mass data storage like pics and music.

Back