• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto V PC Specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuckyNumb3r13

Registered
It's finally here! I would just like to know from those who are playing it, what your hardware is and what fps you are getting.
Are your settings absolutely maxed out?
Are your Advanced Graphics maxed out?
Whats your resolution?
Refresh rate?

Ive got the set up included in my signature and i cant seem to get a steady 60fps on maxed general graphics, and when i crank up the advanced graphics options it bogs down to 30-40.
Running in 1080 @ 143Hz.

Really is there no one playing this???

I've returned one of my 970's and have put the other one up for sale. Have moved over to the 980 classified. going to grab a second one in a few days.

I can run maxed out, but framerate is inconsistent and dropping settings doesn't seem to help... my average is around 80 - 90 but can drop to 30 when driving through the city and this drop is noticeable.

My brother was playing yesterday and had the same weird performance drops. He is playing on GTX780 / i7 [email protected]. If drop is noticable then probably is below 30 FPS. I fell like it was 0-10 FPS as game was freezing for about half a second.

Every GTA has performance issues just after premiere and always are 2-3 patches to improve it. I think they will solve that but it can take couple of weeks. Still it's not as bad as with AC ;)

Never played AC but GTA IV was disastrous at launch which did eventually get fixed so compared to that, GTA V has come out the box very well!

Yeh I have the FPS counter on through steam so i can see real time FPS... lowest i get is 30, which i do not like one bit!

My brother was playing yesterday and had the same weird performance drops. He is playing on GTX780 / i7 [email protected]. If drop is noticable then probably is below 30 FPS. I fell like it was 0-10 FPS as game was freezing for about half a second.

Every GTA has performance issues just after premiere and always are 2-3 patches to improve it. I think they will solve that but it can take couple of weeks. Still it's not as bad as with AC ;)

I have been reading about others getting FPS drops. Last one i read was on a 770GTX, 16gb ram, and what not. Someone else had almost same setup with no issues.

Others are reporting smooth gameplay. I dont really know how my rig would work, i may get the game one day and test, but until then, im still working on getting 100% on PS4 in the game, on 98.27% at the moment.

Smooth gameplay here with everything seem-ably maxed in both Graphics and Advanced Graphics trees @ 1920x1080 @ 144Hz.

*EDIT*
Lenovo Y50 with i7-4700HQ & GTX 860M playing it smooth on "High" as well @ 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.

Last edited:
Well when i had the 970's in sli i really didnt notice any difference in the fps. They were almost identical as if it was only one card. As well the ram usage bar would just double. So if i was using one card with settings taking up 3000MB, then put in the second in sli. The settings would stay the same but the GPU Mem usage would jump to 3000MB.
Is this normal?

*EDIT* Lenovo Y50 with i7-4700HQ & GTX 860M playing it smooth on "High" as well @ 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.

ooooh! This bit intrigues me as my laptop is 2 x 860M in SLI... will need to give it a shot!

Man, I have to say Rockstar has done a good job on optimizing this game. After experimenting with settings, I have it running buttery smooth. However, the 4gb vram is the limiting factor with having all settings maxed. I can run everything maxed out/on except for MSAA which is off, TXAA also off, and the distance scaling is turned almost all the way down. One tick up keeps my Vram usage in the green and every aspect of gameplay is super smooth. Very immersive experience and looks amazing on the QNiX monitor. No Gysync needed. Boom.

Well when i had the 970's in sli i really didnt notice any difference in the fps. They were almost identical as if it was only one card. As well the ram usage bar would just double. So if i was using one card with settings taking up 3000MB, then put in the second in sli. The settings would stay the same but the GPU Mem usage would jump to 3000MB.
Is this normal?

Yes this is normal. Keep in mind it's not doubling your vram though. Still at 3.5gb :p

hmm well i've now spent $1600 on two 980 classified's and im wondering if i should of just got the titan x.
I can still return the 980's with full refund.

I find it hard to shell out another 60 bucks for this title. Gonna wait it out till it's cheap as dirt as GTA for me is a bit..... played out? I mean, I like the GTA's, but man it's like COD. Over and over and over and over lol.....

After the BF4 fiasco I told myself I would not be paying full retail price for any game ever again, this.... this was an exception (also it helped that my Steam Wallet had about $20 in it due to selling weapons in CSGO marketplace, so GTAV from Steam ended up being just $42). I have been very happy with my experience thus far in GTA V, of course I waited out getting it on PC and ignoring the console version completely, but it is certainly a game that I've enjoyed as a break from my normal titles. Rockstar hit the nail on the head with this one.

hmm well i've now spent $1600 on two 980 classified's and im wondering if i should of just got the titan x.
I can still return the 980's with full refund.

Would have been better off spending closer to 5-600/card instead of 800. SLI 980s blows away a titanx

Would have been better off spending closer to 5-600/card instead of 800. SLI 980s blows away a titanx

Well I'm from Canada and the prices are a bit inflated here, the cheapest 980 card i seen was still $740.

I believe I'm going to go to the pc shop tomorrow and exchange my two 980's for a titan x, as well as grab a 4790k with the extra savings. Would rather have that 12gb VRAM and the possibility of throwing in another titan in the future.

You say it blows it away but from what Ive seen in some benchmarks it does in fact lead but not by much.

reference :

My rig, averaging around 70-80fps, dips down to 50 on occasion.

Apparently this game doesn't like sli/xfire yet, but I imagine they will fix that at some point.

Back