• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

+ experience Performance PCs / Best Buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mark617

So not sure if this really goes here, but after my experiences I simply wanted to give some good advertising.

Performance PCs- Usually hear bad things about their CS. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, you know? Anyway, my first order after FCPU went down was for a radiator. It looked used when I received it, but could have just been scratched / handled. I knew I had to pay return shipping, but Duke was awesome and they handled my situation in excellent fashion. Shipped me my new one by attaching it to another order before the RMA had even been sent. Refund done within a day of receipt. Just overall good experience. Even if FCPU came back, I have no issue ordering from PPCs, other than their website doesn't work well for me with IE, fine with Fox.

Best Buy - Nearest Microcenter is 150 miles away, but they have a store 5 miles from said Microcenter. Phone CS was a joke. But, I went into the store and explained that the item has to be shipped from BBs website / warehouse either way, so why would they only price match for their Tustin store and not their Bakersfield store? Talked with Mario at BB. He understood basic logic and hooked me right up. Big props because selling that chip at 199 versus 235 is no small amount.

Overall A+ for PPCs and an A+ for my local Best Buy ~

Thumb up for Performance PCs :thup:, i was a loyal Frozen CPU customer for a long time and when their site close, i give Performance PCs a try, their site wasn't at clean and neat at Frozen CPU site, a bit jumpy too if you know what i mean, but i manage to get everything done, forgot to mention that their price is about 4% cheaper than Frozen CPU too and using the discount code "OCN55" i was able to save another 5.5%
One minor complaint: they make me pay for insurance because my order was over $600 :(

One minor complaint: they make me pay for insurance because my order was over $600 :(

This ^

But I figure their price + the 5.5% off code you provided, which seems to work forever and for everything, negates that nitpick I have. And yeah, like I mentioned, their website is not as smooth as Frozen, but I figure if I can get the items purchased then it is good enough!

Hadn't heard about FCPU. Used to get all my fans from there :(

Hopefully the last few good cooling parts sites won't disappear any time soon.

Back