• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Newegg order fubar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
I received an email that my order was delivered- O.K., that means that it should be in the USPS cluster box out on the highway, as there is no actual delivery to residential customer's front door. Nope, not there. No pickup slip either, which is what the contract carrier leaves if the item is returned to the post office. The actual tracking # shows the package still en-route, having been shipped on Dec. 30th from the distribution center 35 miles away.

... I'm pretty sure it's lost, and even-though it's not the seller's "fault" per se, it's still the sellers responsibility. There does not appear to be a way to contact the seller, Newegg's live chat is useless.

I dislike Best buy, but at least I can drive to a BB store, see the merchandise and pick it up in real time...

Yea, 9 out of 10 purchases arrive without a hitch, it's that 10th purchase that makes me crazy. :bang head

This is why I buy everything on Amazon... their customer service is spot on every single time so it's worth a slightly higher price (read a couple %) because the hassle of dealing with other sites CS is a pain.

It happens. As many times as I have dealt with them over the years (I'd say well over a hundred times), I've only run into one issue. That's pretty damn good (lucky maybe, who knows) to me. :)

That said, I've never gone by what the vendor says and always go to the carrier for information. This way, there isn't a chance to fubar (or at least another person to blame, lol). Tracking systems are notoriously inaccurate from 3rd party... this is bad though, lol.

Additionally, if I buy from Newegg, I always sort by sold/shipped by Newegg. This way I don't have to deal with all the third-party companies there which increase the chance of fubar.

From the looks of your tracking, the seller never shipped the product in the first place...I'm not sure how you can get in contact with the seller on Newegg, but that is where I would start because it looks like they never shipped it. :thup:

Status
On Its Way to USPS
December 30, 2020 at 7:48 am

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

FONTANA, CA 92335

@ed, actually Newegg is the seller and shipper- noticed that upon second glance. I think I'll try NE's live chat again, this will just go on forever without some kind of action.

Ahh, yeah, they should be able to help you. If chat is useless, I'd make a phone call to NE CS. But according to that tracking, NE hasn't even shipped it. :)

1 (800) 390-1119

GL and keep us posted. :)

I received an email that my order was delivered- O.K., that means that it should be in the USPS cluster box out on the highway, as there is no actual delivery to residential customer's front door. Nope, not there.

... I'm pretty sure it's lost, and even-though it's not the seller's "fault" per se, it's still the sellers responsibility.

IMX, based on the June, 2020 Matisse incident, which was when my Ryzen 7 3700X, got delivered to the wrong house. (but on the same street, IIRC) It possibly just got delivered to the wrong house!

Well I just got done with Newegg's Live chat with "Joanna L" , a 5 egg rating for her service and a round of Guiness for everyone! :beer: She filed a shipping claim, and set in motion a replacement. :clap:

This is why I buy everything on Amazon... their customer service is spot on every single time so it's worth a slightly higher price (read a couple %) because the hassle of dealing with other sites CS is a pain.
Unfortunately, I lean this way more and more. The return process is just the easiest by far. I still buy from Newegg, I just always cross check on Amazon first.

I have had items marked as delivered show up a few days later. I think I had a bad mail carried for a while. I lost some stuff that wasnt shipped/insured properly but at the same time I would not get an item, complain to Amazon, request a new order be shipped out, receive the new order then miraculously get the original order. Most of the time Amazon did not care if the duplicate was returned.

well the carrier or the sorter as i think they are sorting by hand still as a way to get more funding.

just today i had an odd one with new egg, it said my package was delivered but it wasnt there when i came home from lunch. about an hour after lunch i got a notification that my ebay package was delivered
thought it was odd as both were USPS...

after some diggin after work i found that a 3rd party carrier (part of that horse **** "mail innovations" crap) had "delivered" it to USPS for its final leg of the journey.

i have always had great luck with USPS shipped and delivered packages but this thing where one company handles the shipping part and USPS only delivers the item just does not work. UPS and DHL are bad at it but the one handling this one is OnTrac and holy cow they are the worst

well the carrier or the sorter as i think they are sorting by hand still as a way to get more funding.

just today i had an odd one with new egg, it said my package was delivered but it wasnt there when i came home from lunch. about an hour after lunch i got a notification that my ebay package was delivered
thought it was odd as both were USPS...

after some diggin after work i found that a 3rd party carrier (part of that horse **** "mail innovations" crap) had "delivered" it to USPS for its final leg of the journey.

i have always had great luck with USPS shipped and delivered packages but this thing where one company handles the shipping part and USPS only delivers the item just does not work. UPS and DHL are bad at it but the one handling this one is OnTrac and holy cow they are the worst

I live in a rural area and USPS does not deliver to your actual residence; instead there are "clusters" of mail boxes on the highway where physical addressed items are delivered.

I would prefer to have deliveries go to my P.O. box, so as to remove the additional layer of handling, which is where things go wrong.

But, most online sellers do not want to ship to a P.O. box because they are of the belief that there is potential for fraud...I guess.

We frequently get mail mis-delivered to our cluster box that belongs to someone that has the same address number, but different street. They get our mail as well. :shrug:

I used to live in an area with PO box only for USPS. I've never had trouble shipping anything carried by USPS to a PO box. I recall that this was a problem years ago, but from 2014-2019 I never had the issue.

Well here I am once again with yet another delivery fubar- about ready to lose my **** with USPS delivery. I can't take this anymore, my first thought would be to go to the Post Office and yell at the postmaster, but there is no way to actually see the postmaster, and I would not get crazy with the front counter people, they can't do anything about it anyway. I'll write a letter to the district office, detailing the chronic delivery problems, maybe "$h!t" will flow downhill.

It may be time to cease doing with online retailers that insist on shipping to a "physical" address. Or, maybe finally yield to the Amazon Prime thing, at least they try to get your purchase to you in a satisfactory manner.

Back