• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What a burn..no bluetooth new tablet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Hello all, I just want to give a heads up for those thinking about getting a cheap Chinese tablet.

BEWARE that some of these newer tablets do not have bluetooth :mad:

Here I just got my shiny new A33 quadcore tablet and I go into the play store and try d'l'ing the Moga Pivot app (the driver) and it says "this app is not compatible with your device" :confused:

So I spend two hours trying to find a driver that DOES work and I find "Moga universal driver" and try to d'l' that and I get the same freaking error. :bang head
So, I decided to go into my settings to see what's up and I find that I do not have bluetooth at all on this device :facepalm:
Man I feel stupid.

If bluetooth compatibility is important to you, then you should make sure the device has bluetooth.
I feel like I wasted my money, because I needed a faster tab for playing games like Max Payne and GTA, but I'm not going to return it just because of my own stupidity, so I'll live with it...besides I have already returned two tabs because of grainy screen issues

So, now I need a good bluetooth dongle for my shiny new tablet....any recommendations? Or should I just go to ebay and get a generic one?

Thanks for reading my rant...maybe I'll get a usb controller so I can shoot some baddies :snipe:

I payed around $59.00 US it came with an android keyboard complete with the triple Z key where the windows key usually lies. Anyhow It is all good, I mean I think I will get myself a PS3 wired controller...Asphalt 8 recognizes them natively.

I am sure that this will not be my last tablet purchase though...I will definitely pay more attention to the spec's at the bottom of the pages from now on.

While it is not that big a deal breaker, it did make me feel a bit stupid when I figured out what was wrong :screwy:

You sure it doesn't support BT at all? Many tablets use AIO chipsets that combine multiple functions into one chip for cost and power usage. I think it's usually the WiFi, BT and FM Radio chip crammed into one. It could be possible the manufacturer just doesn't install drivers for the BT module. Check on XDA-Developers forum for your model. Could be someone released a custom ROM that enables it, or drivers that can be installed, if it does have the hardware of course.

Back