• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Music Recording PC & Gaming under $1000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey guys, I am working on a project trying to figure out if a Music Recording PC / Gaming can be created under $1000.00

Primary Usage = Music Recording, running software's like Cubase, Fruity Loops 12
Secondary Usage = Gaming mainly MMO some regular Steam games.

I have tried making a few but I am not sure if I am focusing on the correct parts as I do audio myself normally I focus on a machine that is only for audio. My current one does it all so I never have to look into a Recording/Gaming machine combo. Any ideas you guys can trow in? Thanks!

The only difference would be a solid GPU for gaming my friend... Don't make it harder than it is...

The only difference would be a solid GPU for gaming my friend... Don't make it harder than it is...

Oh i see, I guess I was thinking of Video Editing were you need more ram and hdd space but audio will require some good hdd size. Thanks bud!

One question, will an FX-8350 work for Audio or a i5 4690k will do better? Personally I would use a Xeon but that is just me.

I would probably go with the 4690K, knowing that gaming is also a goal. Get a board with the ALC 1150 codec, and a decent GPU, SSD, HDD and 8-16GB memory with a quality PSU and he'll be set.

Ah what sucks here, for recording and FL studio type applications (many VST's now use all cores available), the fx 8000's will literally smash 4690's. But for mmo's the opposite is true. My thoughts are the 8350 will play just games just fine (it does... I've yet to sit down to a game and go 'oh man I wish I had an intel right now').

That said, this is a case where an i7 is probably prudent to get. You get 8 thread performance and intel gaming performance. Pricey chip, but with a budget of 1000$, easily doable.

This is assuming you can get your hands on a hard drive and a case

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wbcsCJ

Ah what sucks here, for recording and FL studio type applications (many VST's now use all cores available), the fx 8000's will literally smash 4690's. But for mmo's the opposite is true. My thoughts are the 8350 will play just games just fine (it does... I've yet to sit down to a game and go 'oh man I wish I had an intel right now').

That said, this is a case where an i7 is probably prudent to get. You get 8 thread performance and intel gaming performance. Pricey chip, but with a budget of 1000$, easily doable.

This is assuming you can get your hands on a hard drive and a case

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wbcsCJ

Hey everyone Thank You! for the info. Also Bob Thanks for the pcpartpicker list. Looks like a pretty good solid system so I will keep that in mind. :attn:

Back