• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good static pressure for intake fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tehpowa

Hello.

I'm looking to get myself two intake fans (Zalman Z3+ case). I was wondering what is the minimum amount of static pressure that an intake fan should have. The case also have a relatively thick dust filter in front.

I was looking at getting this fan as intake http://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/270 . 29 db seem a bit loud, but I don't mind a bit noise.

Any tips are appreciated.

Check out these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00650P2...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=18X0K5EHH1ZMR29ARMRZ

For fans, a lot of manufacturer's ratings aren't accurate. Your best bet is to go with a known good fan like this Noctua.
The one I linked can also be speed controlled via PWM.

Thanks for the answer. Noctuas are bit pricey for me so I might look at some others.
But what would be a minimum amount of SP an intake fan should have? Is anything lower then 1.6 too low?

SP is usually associated with radiators and pushing/pulling through something like that. I can't say that I even look at SP for intake and exhaust fans considering the lack of restriction when compared to going through some radiators.

That said, I use Yate Loon High as my case fans. Cheap, quiet, and can move plenty of air when needed.

SP is usually associated with radiators and pushing/pulling through something like that. I can't say that I even look at SP for intake and exhaust fans considering the lack of restriction when compared to going through some radiators.

That said, I use Yate Loon High as my case fans. Cheap, quiet, and can move plenty of air when needed.

Well when I was purchasing the exhaust ones I went with purely airflow because there was no filters/restrictions. However on the front side of my case(zalman z3+) there is kinda thick dust filter and on the bottom fan side is the hard drive cage.

You were looking at fans that are 13 GBP/ea, and ones that are 15 GBP/ea are too expensive??

Sorry I didn't realize you weren't in the states. I have BitFenix Spectre PWM on my rads I like them a lot. Not the most powerful fans out there but they have decent static pressure and have a nice quality sound when turned up, for the price.

Makes me glad I got Gentle Typhoons when I did. If you ever have a chance to get those, they are your best best. When I need 120mm front fans, I got with AP-12's.

Makes me glad I got Gentle Typhoons when I did. If you ever have a chance to get those, they are your best best. When I need 120mm front fans, I got with AP-12's.

EK has a GT clone, if you weren't aware.

I must be the ODD BALL as I use BitFenix Spectre 200mm to bring the air into my HAF-X and a Delta 120x38mm PWM 150+ CFM @ 48 db as an exhaust:)

Back