• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 780's with different core clocks to run at same core/memory speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ALIENZ!

Registered
So I have two GTX 780s in SLI, the second of which I picked up yesterday for dirt cheap. It turns out that it's the superclocked version, while the first card I bought is the normal version. Looking at the MSI Afterburner stats in-game, the second card is running at 1071MHz, and the first is at 967MHz. I don't see an option in Afterburner to adjust cards individually so I can run them at the same speeds, but maybe I missed something. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Card 1
gtx780_1.gif
Card 2
gtx780_2.gif

Last edited:
There's an option on the first page of the Afterburner options to run the same clock speeds on each card or let you configure manually.

There's an option on the first page of the Afterburner options to run the same clock speeds on each card or let you configure manually.

I've seen that, however I can't switch between video cards to edit the OC of the second card.

Okay, so I've tried using the "sync settings" option in afterburner, using the 2nd GPU, which is the superclocked 780. If I make any adjustments, it'll reflect the changes on both cards, however, there is a gap in the speeds. For example, if I have the second card set to +30MHz, the first card will show an increase of +30MHz, but it will still be 80MHz slower than the second card.

What I'd like to do is be able to adjust the clock speeds of each card individually, so both cards run at the same speed. For example, the first card's stock core clock is 863MHz, and the second card's stock core clock is 941MHz and I want to adjust the first card's core clock to 941MHz to match the second card's core clock. From there, I'll adjust each card accordingly to reach a stable overclock. As far as I can tell, MSI Afterburner doesn't support a feature to do this, but if I'm wrong, let me know.

If you uncheck the synchronize button you can use the drop down at the top of the options menu to select Card 1 or Card 2 to change the individual settings.

You could probably also mod the bios on the slower card to increase the base clock speed so that they are mirrored.

Those steps look about right to me. I don't know if those would be the best BIOSes to use, but the methodology looks right.

You could probably also mod the bios on the slower card to increase the base clock speed so that they are mirrored.
Can that be accomplished with starting MSI AB with set clocks at startup? Less risk than BIOS flashing!

Back