• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to download Intel Z97 drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saloei

Hello everyone, I just moved to a Intel chipset motherboard(Asus Maximus 7 Hero) after many years with AMD. My problem is I don't know how to look for and download Intel drivers for the Z97 chipset. I used their driver utility but it tells me It can't find any Intel hardware. Asus isn't always to quick to offer the latest drivers when chipset manufactures put them out.
How do I look for Intel drivers from their website? What am I looking for as far as chipset model, series?

Go to that link and DL the latest driver. Its an .exe file so, just click and it will install.

That said, I rarely run the latest Intel INF driver. I typically use what is available at the motherboard MFG website.

Spell it out, okay...

Go to that link.
Pick your OS.
Download the latest version.
Run the latest version.

Like EarthDog, I use what's available from the motherboard manufacturer.

There are drop down menu tabs at the top. From left to right select: Drivers, Operating system, Date (Newest).

On Intel site is only basic package of drivers. Manufacturers are preparing additional drivers so better go to ASUS -> Support , pick your operating system and download all drivers from there. Drivers are also on CD/DVD with motherboard.

Back