• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX980ti or wait

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jrdnj15

Registered
Hi guys,

I currently have a Radeon HD 7970 and an Auria 2560x1440 monitor. I just recently started streaming gameplay in twitch and i noticed my PC is just having issues keeping up. Example) When i play GTA V alot of times the textures have trouble rendering. CoD AW drops to 30 FPS when streaming but i feel like that is a bad example being that the game has poor optimizations for PC and AMD to begin with. So my question is would it be worth it to upgrade to a single gtx980ti or wait for the new R9 3xx series and see what they are gonna do. Right now my price it pretty much maxed at what the gtx980ti cost so around 650-700$ i don't want to spend anymore than that. What are your guys opinions i feel a big reason why i'm having issues is due to the high resolution (and no i dont stream at 2560x1440 i downscale OBS to 720P) i just play at 2560x1440. I also tried changing my res to 1920x1080 which helps but it make everything look so blown up I couldn't take it for more than 5 minutes.

390x is supposed to be around/above that price. I'd wait the couple of weeks (?) and see what it can do and see what if anything it does to gpu pricing.

Unless you literally cannot wait a couple weeks, I would wait for the 390X release to see if it is competitive.

Now is a horrible time to buy a new GPU in my opinion. Wait to see what AMD brings to the table with 390X and Fury.

Doesn't streaming on twitch hit the CPU, not GPU?

Now is a horrible time to buy a new GPU in my opinion. Wait to see what AMD brings to the table with 390X and Fury.

Doesn't streaming on twitch hit the CPU, not GPU?
Yes. Which is why I linked that YT vid. :)

EDIT: Crap, wrong thread...

Back