• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquacomputer Farbwerk question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wytnyt

Registered
when buying led strips,is there a cable thats sold that can be used to join 2 led strips?
I need a led strip then just a cable then another led strip ect...
thx

Can you solder?
Of course,so I assume they arent sold,also safe to assume the wiring needs to be aftermarket also...
any idea where I can purchase the connectors by chance?
also small wiring would be needed since room is a huge issue
appreciate any help

Last edited:
I saw these also but then saw their 2 wires where farbwerk is 4 wires
Ive decided soldering is the best route since I want a specific length and now am trying to find small wire thats 4 strand
do appreciate looking tho...

Depending whether the connector on the LED strips is the same as the connector on the controller and if they have connectors on both ends, I would think that joining two strips together with the wires they sell (first four search results on this page: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/index.php?cPath=62_2244) would work.

Otherwise I would also recommend soldering as the strips on their site have the solder pads on the ends of each group of LEDs. This usually means they can be either shortened or lengthened to suit your needs, and soldering would eliminate the need to find connectors.

Although if you are meaning to control a different brand of RGB LEDs with that controller and you need a way to connect them to the controller, I'd suggest buying one of the cables, cutting it and soldering it to the end of one of the strips...

Sorry, I'm trying to account for all possible scenarios and it's way too late (early?) where I am now. Hopefully my post made some sense...

I would just get four small wires and some heatshrink, personally.

Back