• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low cost RGB LED strip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dusnoetos

The other day I was in the electrical/lighting section of a local Menards and found some LED tape lights. And i thought they would work with a motherboard RGB header. And at $8 i bought a few. And they work! I tried the LED's on a ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming ITX/ac MB. And at only 6.8 watts & 12 volts the LED strip is well with in the capabilities of the MB: "*The AMD Fan LED Header supports LED strips of maximum load of 3A (36W) and length up to 2.5M." (direct from ASRock MB Specifications). SO... i have no reason to think that these wont work with any MB that has a 12v RGB header.

The strips have a nice connector with indicator for 12v wire. They have rather aggressive adhesive backing. The strips can be cut to length (4 inch increments with 3 LED's). And if you can solder - you could cut the strips and solder wires to allow for nice 90º corners. All in all very versatile.

Any-for-who. I hope this interests some of you.

LED.jpg LED 2.jpg LED 3.jpg LED 4.jpg LED 5.jpg

I checked the market and decide to this.
6USD for 50cm. 5V, ADRESSABLE RGB. Connector: JST -> means u need an adapter. But in the end of all its cheap, its fully adressable and affordable.

Back