• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone familar with Raid setup on Asrock X99 Extreme4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolverine690

So I'm at a loss, not had this much trouble getting a Raid 0 set up on any past systems.

I want to have 2 Raid 0's, 2 SSD's for my main Windows Drive & then 2 HDD's for everything else.

Last night it took me couple hours to finally get the bios to see setup and create a raid 0 from the SSD's. Did it from a cntrl+i during boot. However it would not let me set my other drives in raid while it did see them.

I tried messing with settings in bios and did get them originally all set to raid. Nothing I did worked. So I thought I'd install windows 7 and see if I could get it switched then.

No luck and it originally saw only 1 of those drives. Then I switched storage from legacy only to ufie or whatever it is and I could not raid my other drives and did. But now the system wiped my original and new raids and system comes to a message on boot. Nero 6 boot loader then an error product not supported.

I switched back to legacy delete the new raid still got that used boot select f11 on boot and boot into windows but the other drive not there. Deleted both raids and tried to start over no luck now I can't get the Nero 6 boot loader to go away with its error.

My Hard Drives are on the bottom 4 ports which in my manual & on the board are labeled as:

SSD's - SATA3_2 & SATA3_5
HDD's - SATA3_1 & SATA3_4

According to the manual & motherboard these are the Raid Supporting connectors.

Is the onboard RAID controller or even the bios sophisticated enough to manage two simultaneous RAIDs? Have you contacted ASRock tech support with this issue?

I've read those & watched a couple youtube videos of offical asrock people telling you how to do it & the videos are way off.lol I followed the instructions in the manual which didn't work & went back & tried similar ways using my own flash drive with drivers manually downloaded from the site.

Back