• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A NEW PC BUILD - Purchasing in July - 1200$~

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, in that case, the build you have picked is certainly serviceable. It stinks that you can't reuse parts in the old build, as it would end up being a better build overall, but I can understand the need to hand down a good system.

Biggest thing is finding a good deal on the memory, and making sure you get a quality PSU.

Well, in that case, the build you have picked is certainly serviceable. It stinks that you can't reuse parts in the old build, as it would end up being a better build overall, but I can understand the need to hand down a good system.

Biggest thing is finding a good deal on the memory, and making sure you get a quality PSU.

well.. to be honest I guess 170$ for 2 sticks of 8GB 1866mhz kingston hyper-x blue fury is quite ok..
and I'll go with the Seasonic G550-80 Plus Gold 550W also..

I guess it seals up the deal about my sys.. no ?

the CPU cooler is alright , yeah? (the i11)

For a non overclock, should be fine I would assume. I'm guessing you want the cooler for added quiet? There may be better options, but I don't know for sure.

If you are not overclocking, the stock cooler should work fine. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend much and just grab a Hyper 212 EVO for $26 (here in the states) and call it a day. You don't need more than that, particularly if you are not overclocking.

nonsense to get a 4790 vs a 4790k. The 4790k is significantly stronger for pretty much the same cost.

the 4790 and 4790k are close in price, 20-30$ typically. The 4790k is clocked a good chunk higher than the 4790. OC or not, the 4790k is better out the box.

4GHz out of the box??, guess I'll be getting the K for an extra 40$ then

disabling turbo @ bios anyways.. conflicts with stability of mouse input (constant 1000hz polling rate)
How would it do that? USB polling rate has nothing to do with mouse input... that is between the USB port/its controller and the mouse AFAIK.

How would it do that? USB polling rate has nothing to do with mouse input... that is between the USB port/its controller and the mouse AFAIK.

well, when I had INEXPRESSIBLE jitter while obv my i5 could poll 1000hz no sweat, I read a few articles and posts, saying to update the USB drivers to the latest, connecting the mouse to USB3 ports instead of 2, and also disabling turbo mode in bios inside cpu options, and after doing all that, it disappeared.. so I tend to do these 3 things by default after installing a new win / getting new rig..

besides, it has been proven that mouse poll is directly connected with the CPU.. so..

Ok, after a bit more digging, I can see the association. My fault.

The only thing I could google on it was a person saying they disabled turbo, not that it resolved anything, not that he was requested to, it was just disabled and he was still having problems with the polling rate jumping all over the place (which is normal).

http://www.overclock.net/t/1390764/avago-3090-unstable-polling-rate

Id be interested to read links that CONFIRM disabling turbo helps with mouse polling. If that was an issue one would think it would be a HUGE one considering all the turbo CPUs out there, ya know?

Mine is pretty much pegged at 4.4GHz all the time while under load, and I've never had mouse jitter/polling issues. I would leave Turbo enabled and make sure you need to disable it for your mouse before disabling it.

quick question, the GTX970, do I get the Windforce ver. or the G1 GAMING ?

So Gigabyte can charge a premium for it. The windforce will easily reach those clocks as well with a small increase with software.

Back