• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lga 1155 CPU socket pins bent and 2broken

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Asif98

Hello I got a msi motherboard that uses lga 1155 CPU socket I have mistakenly bent quiet a few and 2 broke wen trying to straighten it can it be fix or is it dead for good

Last edited:
Jst wanted to knw if they CPU will still be working

Edited: asif the is no selling outside of the classifieds. Please take a look at the forum rules. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why it wouldn't, can always just toss it on your new board and find out...

Depends on which ones you broke, but usually if they're broken off it can't be fixed without a full socket replacement.

As far as bent ones though, those often can be fixed. The first LGA1155 board I bought had a dozen or so bent pins in the socket, but I was able to bend them back and get the board into working order again. It still works to this day.

The second LGA1366 board I bought had 15 to 20 bent pins in the socket, but I bent them back and got it working again. Board is still in working order actually.

Not all can be fixed though, as sometimes the pins break off when being bent back (even when the person bending them back has a skilled hand and knows what they're doing).

1366 server boards are fairly easy to get on Ebay for a pittance. Something that overclocks is a different matter. It all depends on what you want to do with your system and how much your budget is.

Jst seen a new motherboard in the market coming soon thinking of getting it gigabyte z170X gaming G1 6th Gen CPU skylake ,1151 socket ,with hybrid cooling

- - - Updated - - -

Saw the new gigabyte motherboard coming September 2015 z170X gaming G1 6th Gen CPU skylake ,1151socket ,hybrid cooling and more features

Back