• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ULPS do i have right set up for crossfire??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarokamaro007

Registered
Hi today i just changed ULPS ( i was reading i need to change it for crossfire)to 0 in 0000....0001...0002....but im not sure about enable crossfire auto link(that is set up to 1 in 0000 but in 0001 and 0002 is set up to 0)is that ok??

:confused:

If you are having trouble with CFx, you disable ULPS to see if it helps (I do this in MSI AB). To enable CFx, you do that in CCC.

I am not sure what all the zeros and such you are talking about..

If you are having trouble with CFx, you disable ULPS to see if it helps (I do this in MSI AB). To enable CFx, you do that in CCC.

11.jpg 22.jpg 33.jpg

i was talkin about the 0000 0001 0002 on the top left corner...and do i have good set up there??

I have no idea why you are editing those values...

Again, ULPS can be disabled in MSI AB, and Crossfire X is enabled in CCC.

some lad told me i need to change it...how can i go back to default setting and do that as U said ??

Dont save what you did, and do as I said.

Again, you do not HAVE TO disable ULPS unless you are having issues. But if you want to enable Crossfire, do that in CCC.

For what it's worth, just loaded up Witcher3 on my system.

Note: I am running Windows 10 Tech Preview and using the AMD drivers that downloaded/installed directly from Microsoft (as per their recommendation).

Crossfire enabled properly, but the game is incredibly stuttery (must be in the teens of FPS). I'll install FRAPS or similar to get an FPS counter going and see what it is doing and compare vs no Crossfire.

I am downloading the latest 15.6 drivers and will try to install them, no promises on if it will improve/work in Windows 10, but worth a shot.

Edit: performance is significantly better with 15.6 drivers (looks like Microsoft only installed the 15.2's by default), will hope to get an actual FPS count later after work when I have time.

Last edited:

That's the raw method of disabling ULPS. i used to do it that way, but all the OP needs to do is use AB like ED said, or google "how to disable ULPS"

Back