• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this average performance for GTA 5 max settings no MSAA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bion1985

Registered
So I am just trying to determine that the new card I just got is working properly. If I have everything maxed (minus no MSAA) I've noticed I stay around 60 fps w vsync on (60hz 1080p) but once I go to the more rural areas I can dip as low as 35 but more the 40-50 range I'd say. But if I turn the grass quality down from utlra to very high all other settings same as previously stated I get nearly a solid 60 everywhere rural areas included. Is this normal performance for this card? I've read some mixed reviews where some people say all maxed no issues and some say that they need to adjust grass and in some cases HD shadows to perform better. Just want to make sure my cards working properly. I'm running the Evga 980 TI SC with a light 110 overclock to the core clock.

Thanks
Brandon

It does seem a bit low, but keep in mind that the framerate took a bit of hit when Rockstar released the last patch for GTA 5.

Just to let you know - the above mentioned framerate was fixed yesterday. Also, I've just gone from the same issues when travelling around Blaine County to a solid 60FPS everywhere by moving the install from a Caviar Black mechanical drive to an SSD. :)

I don't think you should be dipping into 30s at 1080p with a Ti SC and a OC on top of it. I would maybe download like Precision X and turn on GPU stats and look at what your card is doing when you're in those areas where the FPS dips.

Back