• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot get Win10 CD to boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

I upgraded my laptop to Win10. Now I am trying to do a fresh installed to eliminate all the bloatware Toshiba has on the laptop. I downloaded Win10 using the media creation tool and burned the image to a disc using imgburn. I used imgburn because the dvds I have are very cheaps and needed the ability to slow down the burn speed. The dvd was verified after burning. For some reason it will not boot to the cd, I have verified the boot order in the bios, and that fast boot is off/disabled.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Laptop is: Toshiba L745-4210
Bios: V2.6

Thideras that are a handful of people on this forum that are always right there when people have an issue, you sir are one of them, thank you.

I will post image when I get home this after noon.

Thideras that are a handful of people on this forum that are always right there when people have an issue, you sir are one of them, thank you.

I will post image when I get home this after noon.
No problem at all; I'm up early for my shift today. :thup:

I might not see your post at noon, as I'll be away. I wanted to verify the disk creation went correctly and the program didn't do something silly like put the ISO on the disk. Also, make sure you are booting to the disk in UEFI mode. Every motherboard I've owned has had an explicit option for booting UEFI devices ("DVD DRIVE" vs "UEFI: DVD DRIVE", etc).

Well the disc was not created correctly. I tried to open it and it asked me what to do with the blank disc, i could visually see that there was data on about 75% of the disc but it must not have been finalized. burning again.

On another note i confirmed there is only one optical drive available in the boot order. Looking through the bios i do not see any why to switch between CSM and UEFI either. Hoping it was just a bad burn. if this doesn't work i will just switch to usb

Got another coaster :screwy: so I cleaned off a USB drive and now we are in business.

Thank you for your help

Thank you for your help
You're welcome and I'm glad you got it going. I'm not sure if the burning software you used has the option, but I always "Verify" the disk, which should prevent the issue you ran into.

Sometimes it is the simple things!

Yea I didn't verify the first time. After that I coastered five more dvds. Ended up using a usb, so much easier

Back